Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question on Warbonnet Service

Curious to find others experiences with Warbonnet. I ordered a Superfly about 4 weeks ago. It was on backorder and according to their site it should ship within 3 weeks. Realizing this, I'm not concerned yet, but I had sent an email a few days back asking the status and have yet to get a response. I'm assuming I'm just being impatient and they're probably very busy, but my question is, have others had good/bad experiences with Warbonnet? Granted, asking this question after I've already paid probably isn't the smartest move I've made...

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    most will tell tale of waiting on our cottage folk, i'm one of them. but brandon is a solid dude, as are the rest. the small shops, mostly run by 1 - or 2 people move a little slow.. but my waits have always been reasonable, and my communication never more than a few days. just comes with territory.
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Std.
    Insulation
    AHE/KAQ Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    my understanding is that Brandon just moved into a new shop, so I assume he is a little behind because of this. If you have ever moved, I'm you know what he is going through.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
    my understanding is that Brandon just moved into a new shop, so I assume he is a little behind because of this. If you have ever moved, I'm you know what he is going through.
    thanks for the quick response - assumed it was more me being impatient than anything else. I have a big kayak trip planned for the Adirondacks in a few weeks and was hoping to have it by then. If not, not the end of the world.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    The upside of cottage gear makers far outweigh the down. Brandon answered all the questions I had before ordering my BB 1.1, he always answered in 1-3 days. It was well worth it, I could not be happier with the Hammock. He is most likely just behind a bit. I asked him about shipping when I bought mine because I needed it by a certain day, he said he could make the date and did. I will buy from him again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim View Post
    thanks for the quick response - assumed it was more me being impatient than anything else. I have a big kayak trip planned for the Adirondacks in a few weeks and was hoping to have it by then. If not, not the end of the world.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    The wait is worth it. I have ordered from Brandon several times and would not hesitate to do so again. Down side it does take some time to make the products as they are not mass produced.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Images
    brandons communication skills are lacking. no phone contact caused a 3 day problem back in '08.
    he makes a great product. worth the wait.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    I ordered from him a while back and it came in about 2 1/2 weeks it seems. My items weren't back ordered either.

I'm really happy with my gear, and the only thing I remember that stands out, is that the tracking was poor. I found out the day I was getting it, on the day I got it.

Normally, you would see it shipped and then you see it land here or there, and you know to expect it in a couple of days. When Brandon sent me a conformation number, all it ever said was the bit about the post office having received notice to expect a package. I was sitting at work in the morning and that's what it said, later that afternoon it said "out for delivery." My mailman is horrible about leaving packages if I'm not home so that sucked for me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly,HG CUBEN
    Insulation
    Yeti and Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    4 weeks wait for me before I received my order from Brandon, mostly because of the distance my order had to travel as I'm from Australia. My hammock, Superfly and under quilt turned up a couple weeks ago, just in time for my one week hike I had planned. Arrived back home from my hike a couple days ago, had the best nights sleep every night.
    Brandon makes some high quality gear. It's worth the wait.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast