Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
My UQ has been out a few times, cuben upper, 7D under. Absolutely no problems at all. Adam made my stuff sack of M55 which has an amazing feel to it,so in comparison, the 7D is still softer. It truly feels like the down that's insde it. For my summerish UQ with 5oz of down I saved 3.8oz on the shell, so I'd imagine you'd save somewhere in the 6-7oz ranger. So if the weight and feel is worth the extra money, go for it. The 1.1 is still very nice feeling too.

LRR, I thought 7D was lighter than M55, M55 is 10 denier. That's strange but interesting to know, thank you.
That's a substantial weight savings in absolute terms. As much as from being able to leave a whole hammock suspension behind. Seems, too from yours and other comments that for feel, drape, and pleasure it is all wins. Being down filled, and for airborn use, you are naturally treating the bag carefully; it isn't a bivy sack. Even if there were a tear that would not have otherwise have happened, the quilt is baffled and field repairable, and isn't mission-critical.

Looks like all winners. And it lightens your wallet or pocket, too. Not that the price difference would be addressed with equal weight --15 of them -- in U$ quarters.

All smilies iimplied.