Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dp gear answers

Hangers,

Thank you for your interest and comments with www.dphammockgear.com products.

If anyone has specific questions centering on our engineering, please send a personal message (PM) on the Forum or simply ''contact'' us on our website.

We don't have time to peruse all the forums threads searching for dp questions, but here are a couple we found yesterday.

dp "Cozy" insulation? Nothing secret here other than we choose to not share where our source vendor is, due to all the money invested in finding a suitable insulation that meets our standards. FYI: Cozy is 100% polyester.

dp "Triastic" fabric? Finding a low-stretch, water proof, light weight fabric was VERY expensive and difficult. We have landed and are pleased with the polyester fabric we have named Triastic.

dp Top Quilt Head Hole? You do not have to use the Head Hole all the time. When it isn't cold enough to warrant its use, simply pull the quilt up like it it isn't there. We feel, of all the head closure systems out there, the dp is maybe the most comfortable and by far the easiest to use in the field.

Under Quilt "Drape"? Just last month, August 2011, we changed/improved our dp Under Quilts to a "differential" cut. This allows a heat retaining "drape" to be there in our UQ now. We hesitate to say, but feel this drives the cold temperature rating to an even more comfortable zone now. And we want to share, comfortable temperature ratings are very subjective. This came across loud and clear in earlier chats.

We are now making our hammocks out of our Triastic fabric. We feel it has more advantages by far than shortcomings. We feel our hammocks and tarps are a notch ahead of most of the other designs currently being produced.

FYI: our dp Heeter Hybrid hammock with its attached under quilt weighing at less than 18 ounces, complete and ready to hang, we believe is a gem. Take a peek at it at www.dphammockgear.com

Once again, our driving focus is:
    1) Reliablity
    2) Light weight gear
    3) Low cost

Having all three is rare and difficult to acheive ...

Happy hanging this Fall.
    dp Dave
    dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    I saw the title of this thread and held my breath but it was worded a whole lot more delicately than normal - which is appreciated.

Maybe you can send someone out to MAHHA this year so some of us can see/feel dp gear. Might help a lot of people find a situation in which they find dp gear would be someone's best option for a specific purpose.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dp Dave here ...

Hangers,

Saw this thread on Google and decided to open it.

Let me say this ... dp lightweight backpacking gear has made a LOT of changes since the date/time this thread was posted.

I invite you to visit www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com and see for yourselves ...

To help fulfill the focus of this thread, please allow me to give readers here a 10% discount on any order amount until April 1, 2013. Just mention "Dave's end of March deal" ...

Please remember to mention "Dave's end of March deal" or the 10% doesn't apply. Thanks for understanding ...

dp Dave

Was wonderin' about you guys just recently...

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    I got my lightweight UQ from DP gear. A couple of minor custom mods and I've used it comfortably into the mid and low 40's.
    No problems with them.
    DKPerdue

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    Ronald Reagan, President of the United States

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Does anyone have any experience with the DP double layer hammock? I've been looking for a double layer... for some reason I keep trying to get the pad thing to work... I'm happy with my UQ, I really am, but I can't stop looking on the other side of the fence. Does that make me a bad person? (Don't answer that.)
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    dp gear .com
    Tarp
    dp gear .com
    Insulation
    dp gear .com
    Suspension
    dp gear .com

dp Dave here ...

Cranky,

A double layer hammock gives you the option of sliding a ground pad between the layers of fabric and will hold your ground pad in place when you scoot/move around in your hammock.

This arrangement gives you a lot of insulation options.

We have used this feature for a long time with great success.

For even MORE double fabric layer design engineering, take a peek at our dp Ultimate Hybrid hammock. www.dplightweightbackpackinggear.com

I might add, we keep tweeking/improving our gear when we see areas that can be even better.

FYI: Much to my wife's frustration, I use and sleep in our gear on average 10 nites a month dreaming of improvements ...

And for asking about us, how's a 10% discount with ANY single item we sell before May 1st, 3013 ?

Happy Trailzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    dp Dave

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Dave, I'm really hoping that an unbiased user will post a review. There are numerous things that make it unique, like the suspension, the fabric, your suggesting of hanging the foot end so close to the tree... it seems like a great hammock, but a 2nd party review by a reasonably experienced hanger would be helpful in making your case (and helping me decide if I "need" hammock #4).
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    A shorter hammock, I assume because extra length is not required to get the flatter lay due to the material used?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

dp gear answers

I find that longer gathered end hammocks result in less calf ridge pressure and a more comfortable lay. Longer hammocks tend to have less fiddle factor because they are easier to get rid of the dreaded calf ridge. That's not to say you can't get a comfortable lay in a shorter hammock. It just takes me more time tweaking to get it right.

• + New Posts