I have yet to get my topquilt and underquilt under construction. After just buying a bunch of new gear my wife would freaking kill me if I shelled out the money to have them made and I'll probably be in the doghouse for just getting the materials.

I have three army poncho liners from a deal I made on ebay last year. So I was thinking I could use two of them, one for a top quilt and one for the bottom. I would seem rip my army ponchos to remove the insulation. Then use the Camo fabric as my shell and liner for my new quilt using some 5.5oz ClimashieldXP. The two ponchos I'm sacrificing are like new but on the thin side. I still have the third liner that I'm keeping to use as is in warmer weather. I'm thinking with this route I can get away with about $40 a quilt and I figure I could spread the cost over a month so it's only $20 a week. I don't camp when it's really cold out my arthritis doesn't like it. So I'm assuming I should be safe with this settup for the spring weather into mid to late fall.

I know I've talked about making a quilt from climashield before. I was thinking before that I would use 2 layers for the underquilt. But, now I'm thinking with my scope of hanging, would I really need the heavier underquilt? If I do change later I'm thinking I would have a great system to build off because I would just have to undo the seams on the underquilt and add another layer of insulation. Then I would have a great system. Now I don't know I may have just talked myself into doing it, Sigh!

Really interested what you guys Think.

Cold Weather- 2 layer quilt on bottom, 1 layer quilt on top

Intermediate Weather- 1 layer quilt on bottom, Unmodified Poncho liner on top

Hot Weather- just the Unmodified Poncho liner if anything or maybe the liner as an underquilt and a sheet or sleeping bag liner as a top quilt.