Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

SHT...Fox Farm Rd to CR 301 Water Source Query

Hey and Howdy....
    Sitting here thinking about popping out of the home and hitting the trail for 2 nights.
    Looking at the SHT from Fox Farm. It is a new section and I have yet to tread on it.
    Anyone have info on current water sources????

Still have to throw a load together and schlump out.
    May just head to Crosby Manitou area as I know sources there. One or the other.
    Now to pack hastily.
    Gonna get a bit chilly up there......Whoooooo Buddy.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WB Blackbird, WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbidge and Down
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    I'm not sure of specifics, but it's been pretty dry up here, Shug. The guide shows water from the Knife River from Fox Farm Rd to Rossini Rd. USGS WaterWatch shows Knife River at "below normal" flow.

From Rossini Rd to the Demonstration Forest it shows water from McCarthy Creek. The guide says unreliable in dry conditions (which we have in this part of the state).

Demo Forest to Reeves Rd shows Stewart River as the source. I'm unfamiliar with this river.

Reeves Rd. to 301 shows Silver Creek. I'm not familiar with what's "normal" for that creek, but the guide doesn't note it as unreliable in dry conditions.

I know this doesn't fully answer your specific question, but it's the best info I've got.

It is pretty dry up here. The Arrowhead and BWCA are in moderate drought status right now. It is supposed to rain this evening and tomorrow, but who knows if it will be enough to help much.
    If your lucky enough to be outdoors, your lucky enough!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AScott View Post
    I'm not sure of specifics, but it's been pretty dry up here, Shug. The guide shows water from the Knife River from Fox Farm Rd to Rossini Rd. USGS WaterWatch shows Knife River at "below normal" flow.

From Rossini Rd to the Demonstration Forest it shows water from McCarthy Creek. The guide says unreliable in dry conditions (which we have in this part of the state).

Demo Forest to Reeves Rd shows Stewart River as the source. I'm unfamiliar with this river.

Reeves Rd. to 301 shows Silver Creek. I'm not familiar with what's "normal" for that creek, but the guide doesn't note it as unreliable in dry conditions.

I know this doesn't fully answer your specific question, but it's the best info I've got.

It is pretty dry up here. The Arrowhead and BWCA are in moderate drought status right now. It is supposed to rain this evening and tomorrow, but who knows if it will be enough to help much.
    Thankee for the aqua intel........I may just bop on up to Crosby and hit a close site tonight and see from there. I so love that area anyways....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl HB noseeum modified
    Tarp
    WB BMJ, HH hex
    Insulation
    winter incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    lots of HF folks hitting the SHT this week. I'm going up Thursday for a long weekend.

• + New Posts