Tarp
    DIY OGEE,WL BD
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images

Continous Loop ???????

I was wondering if anyone has used a continous loop as a connector between "elephant trunks" and hammock webbing...So to paint a picture it would go hammock, webbing that goes thru a gathered end, comes out hooks up with the loop and loop to trunks... So my second question is this are continous loops equipped to take the weight( i know they are made of amsteel and they are as tough as nails) or will the amsteel cut thru the webbing?
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    The Elephant Trunk is designed as a replacement for the marlin spike hitch with a toggle in a tree hugger and whoopie sling hammock suspension.

On your suggestion. How are you going to connect the continuous loop to the webbing coming from the hammock? How are you going to get your adjustment for the hammock suspension?

People do use continuous loops through gathered ends to connect to descending rings (used to prevent water from running down your suspension and into your hammock) and then attach whoopie slings to the ring). So yes, continuous loops are sufficient for hammock suspension purposes.

Cheers

Brian
    Last edited by BrianWillan; 09-13-2011 at 10:35. Reason: typo

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    All my hammocks have conituous loops of amsteel attached to the hammock ends either by being fed through the end channels or girth hitched around the gathered end. If you did this, you could then easily hook an Elephant Trunk to them and then attach the Elephant trunk to webbing. What I do is attach continuous loops from the hammock to a Dutch biner then a Whoopie Sling goes from the Dutch biner to the Elephant Trunk and webbing.

Many people attach webbing to amsteel with no issue. As with any suspension system, it should be checked regularly for wear or damage.
    Last edited by Bubba; 09-12-2011 at 21:52.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    DIY Claytor, WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY OGEE,WL BD
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I plan on using a lark"s head to the webbing and using the left over loop to the elephant trunks(i know its a substitute to a marlin spike)...i am trying to decide to use whoopies or another config...so i came up with the current one we are threading about...
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
    Henry David Thoreau

• + New Posts