Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    Straps w/Tri-glide

Which is the best hammock to get?

My Eno DN ripped last night... I was hanging too close to a rock and rubbed the bottom against it too much. I didn't think the rock was as jagged as it was. Anyways, I'm not real sure if there's a difference between an Eno and something... cheaper. I liked the DN, but is there another hammock that will be pretty much the same at a lower cost (or one that is better around the same price)? Or maybe I should just go with a HH setup for the bug net and tarp and all that...

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    12'x12'
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Strps cinch buckle
    If you want the same but cheaper, make your own. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=15205

As for the best, only you can decide what's best for you. Check and see if there are any hangs in your area you can get and check out some different hammocks.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    1 of each then make a few
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Stock HH
    Agree with Aven and OD, roll your own hammock. You already have the suspension off the old Eno so you won't have to purchase that. There are several suppliers of fabric on the forum or go to Joann's if you are having to contend with withdrawal symptoms. Can't get much cheaper than the $3+/yd fabric unless you are a heavy hanger then the cost may go up to $3.50/yd. Look for the thread on the no sew hammock if you don't have a thread injector.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I've been compiling a list of hammock retailers, at least those who sell hammocks that work for hammock camping (nylon fabrics, etc.) or are specifically selling hammock camping related gear. Hopefully the list helps you!

There are a lot of options out there, more than I first thought. The party just keeps getting bigger. Kammock is a new player with a really strong fabric thread they are touting. Planet Hammock has a lot of options and comes in at a good price. I just received a hammock from Trek Light Gear that I LOVE. It's amazing.

Hammock
    Kammok ROO
    Tarp
    in development
    Insulation
    in development
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I would love for you to try out the KAMMOK™ ROO. We are offering a 50% off HF member discount as we are currently taking pre-orders. You can find the discount on the "other vendors" section on HF. If you have any questions I'd love to chat!
    WWW.KAMMOK.COM
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    Join The MOB™ - Kammok's social network for outdoor enthusiasts making a difference

• + New Posts