Hammock
    Eno DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Coming from someone who owns and operates a web-based business, I can totally sympathize with Claytor. While it may be impressive that another company got back to you very quickly, while Claytor took a while longer, I don't believe this is grounds for "horrible service". Coming from someone who has been on the receiving end of service that was ACTUALLY horrible, the worst I could say about your wait was that it was "sub-par" and most definitely not grounds for starting an entire thread bashing one company for one "flaw".

Sometimes it's easy to forget that you are dealing with humans, as opposed to an autonomous voice on the other end of the phone.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL/UKHamm
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Well done Nick, you must have jumped in your private jet and hand delivered it

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    I think that much of the "horrible service" is being side tracked by tangents to the actual problem. The DD info was added for a point of reference. If you take it out and just concentrate on the Claytor support:

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Last week I decided to buy a Claytor Jungle hammock. I ordered but when I went to pay I saw that the only accept pay pal. I was working off shore and our internet is provided by the company and it has restrictions on it. Since I could not access my pay pal account, I sent them an email asking if the could call me or send me their number so that I could complete the purchase over the phone.

Today ( Wednesday ). I received an email from Claytor saying they couldn't help unless I had family that could get to pay pal for me.
    I would have to agree, this is horrible service - very slow response and little to no actual assistance.

I agree with Ranger's conclusion.

I deleted the email without responding but I wish I had told them what I have told all of you here. Sorry Claytor, you just can't get it done. Better step up.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    Eno DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    As far as the family member with paypal complaint goes: http://www.mosquitohammock.com/_private/payment.html

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    took the words out of my mouth....

everyone wants everything right now .... thats not how the world works
    also like others have said they are half way around the world and for all we know maybe they don't work weekends we don't know
    not saying or defending Claytor ... but they did get back to you a few days later
    not every business will get back to you in min ...
    also lets leave PP out of this ... i don't see how PP security problems have anything to do with Claytor getting back to him

there is a key word that is missing in todays world ...... Patience
    I guess it just goes to show that everyone has different expectations. The market will work itself out. Claytor lost a sale to a competitor. It's really up to them to decide how many more times they want that to happen in the future.

I think the PayPal issue got brought up, because the question was raised as to why the OP company would block PayPal which is what caused all this in the first place. My answer was, that Paypal has security issues which make it reasonable to block it.

Hammock
    Camo Claytor Jungle
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Suspension
    Stock on ridgeline
    I am not flaming the OP here. But I do think the original post is harsh, considering what Tom has done in the past to make his customers happy. When I made the decision to get off the ground this last spring, I decided on Claytor. Much because of the experiences of others discussed in this forum( and the price ). I also prefer to not use paypal, so opted to pay by check. E-mailed my order on Monday, check went out on Tuesday, hammock shipped on Friday,
    and I'm hanging the following Thursday, check cleared the following week. Bonus for no shipping charges. Sorry to hear Tom lost a sale, but I'm ready for my second one, and it will be another Claytor.

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    You can't satisfy everybody no matter how much you try,,,its the American Way...we all have our opinions of this and that no matter how hard a business guy tries...its impossible.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    HH Hex / Noah 9
    Suspension
    Strap/buckle/rings
    Images
    Some have trouble reading. I was offshore with restricted internet. Yes, waiting 2 hours only was inpatient on my part but, they did not contact me until wednesday the following week. DD returned my call within 15 minutes which is incredible. I asked claytor to call me or to send me a # so that I could call them. DD called and Claytor sent an email. This is hoorible service
    You could have sent them a check as well.
    PAY by US$ CHECK
    If it is more convenient for you, you are welcome to pay by US$ check. Please write down on the check the quantity and the name of the items you are ordering. Shipping is FREE. Please make the check payable to TOM CLAYTOR and post to the following address:
    --------------
    Tom Claytor
    211 Radnor-Chester Road
    Villanova, PA 19085
    USA

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    inner fortitude
    Suspension
    cinch & straps
    Quote Originally Posted by dkperdue View Post
    You could have sent them a check as well.
    PAY by US$ CHECK
    If it is more convenient for you, you are welcome to pay by US$ check. Please write down on the check the quantity and the name of the items you are ordering. Shipping is FREE. Please make the check payable to TOM CLAYTOR and post to the following address:
    --------------
    Tom Claytor
    211 Radnor-Chester Road
    Villanova, PA 19085
    USA
    Is this his place of business or residence ? I only ask because this address is about 5 minutes away from me .

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    When I bought my Claytor several years ago I was pretty sure I had been scammed. It took over 2 weeks to get my hammocks and the only assurance I got was a jumbled email from Pui who did not speak very good English and could not answer my questions. To make matters worse when I looked up the pay pal account it was linked to some polo site that made no mention of hammocks. I was sure I would never see the two hammocks I ordered or my money.

Two and a half weeks after I ordered them, one made it to my house the other got held up at the post office. Both had international elephant stamps on it and were shipped in inside out in reused UPS bags but they made it and were quality products I have used and been happy with ever since. Weird buying experience but the end result was satisfactory.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast