Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tarp
    Ghetto Tarp
    Insulation
    Squirrels
    Good Hammocks, Good Prices, My first two came in paper wraped boxes with manila twine
    tied around it and someones name Chatacheeaa. I looked like a WW2 care package. I still have a pic of it. I never have understood why Tom isn't a member here. Anyway, some people wouldn't even be happy if everything was instant and free.

As always
    Have a good day.
    "Acorns were good until bread was found."
    Francis Bacon

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    i've had one day shipping with mr. claytor ..... thats not too bad i dont think....and payed with a money order on top of it....and it was shipped before the money order arrived at PA....

in addition to being half way around the world from the usa ....different time zones ...different night and day times....the guy has a life other than staring at a pc waiting for emails .....if you tried to contact him a year ago , he was on top of everest .......... don't think he would have answered right away...

that means one day to ship at his end after an email order (and not with paypuke) , and a week or so to go thru the mail ...
    Last edited by bob2guns; 10-31-2011 at 13:32.

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have a Claytor, and the service was great. I was surprised how quickly it arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by dkperdue View Post
    You could have sent them a check as well.
    PAY by US$ CHECK
    If it is more convenient for you, you are welcome to pay by US$ check. Please write down on the check the quantity and the name of the items you are ordering. Shipping is FREE. Please make the check payable to TOM CLAYTOR and post to the following address:
    --------------
    Tom Claytor
    211 Radnor-Chester Road
    Villanova, PA 19085
    USA
    That's great, I can write a check and tom will get on a boat and come pick it up. I was offshore. Stop making excuses. DD did not make excuses. They got write back to me and took my info over the phone, shipped my order from Scotland and had it delivered to my door a full day before Claytor could send out a completely un-helpful email.

Not trashing the quality of Claytor as I have heard nothing but great things about their products. I really wish they had shown me better "customer service" as I looked long and hard to learn as much as I could about hammocks before making my first purchase. From what I had read here and on other forums I had decided that the jungle hammock was the one I wanted.,

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    If you think this constitutes poor customer service, you've never dealt with genuinely bad customer service.

They weren't as accommodating as you would like them to be. They didn't take your money and ship you a broken product, or promise overnight shipping and have a package arrive a month late. Calling this "horrible" customer service is a bit melodramatic, in my opinion.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

I think the PayPal issue got brought up, because the question was raised as to why the OP company would block PayPal which is what caused all this in the first place. My answer was, that Paypal has security issues which make it reasonable to block it.
    As a manager of several networks, it is not uncommon for clients to request that shopping and other personal transactions be blocked from the network.

On the topic of Paypal security, most instances of accounts being compromised stem from the retailers "shopping cart" being compromised or having a security flaw more so than the Paypal network. Any transactions that involve the transmitting of financial data hold some risk.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images

Orders Shipped On Friday Each Week

In looking at Tom's website, he states "ORDERS SHIPPED ON FRIDAY EACH WEEK". It is entirely possible that he doesn't work every day of the week on that particular business as he has no "brick and mortar" presence and may very well have other responsibilities as do many cottage businesses.

Then again, my expectations of a "cottage business" versus a "big box business" are not the same and certainly would not rise to the level of flaming a vendor for a slow response. Sending a bad or damaged product without attempting to remedy the issue would be bad service as opposed to the slow service in the OP.

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    In looking at Tom's website, he states "ORDERS SHIPPED ON FRIDAY EACH WEEK". It is entirely possible that he doesn't work every day of the week on that particular business as he has no "brick and mortar" presence and may very well have other responsibilities as do many cottage businesses.

Then again, my expectations of a "cottage business" versus a "big box business" are not the same and certainly would not rise to the level of flaming a vendor for a slow response. Sending a bad or damaged product without attempting to remedy the issue would be bad service as opposed to the slow service in the OP.
    He is also a Bush Pilot from what I understand. That's his real job I think.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    In some ways, I see where people are coming from saying your inpatient. But, companies now are wanting payment as fast and as simple for them as possible. If that is inconvenient for the customer then, they should do what is necessary. I know (I'm in charge of circulation for a small newspaper) when customers are having problems with paying online, I get emails (tons at times) and will have to call or play email tag until I get it resolved. That is poor customer service.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast