Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down horrible service

Last week I decided to buy a Claytor Jungle hammock. I ordered but when I went to pay I saw that the only accept pay pal. I was working off shore and our internet is provided by the company and it has restrictions on it. Since I could not access my pay pal account, I sent them an email asking if the could call me or send me their number so that I could complete the purchase over the phone.
    After waiting 2 hours I becamr impatient and went to order a DD frontline. Same problem, they wanted payment through pay pal. I sent them the same email that I sent Claytor and 15 minutes later they (DD) called me and I gave them my credit card info over the phone. I was told that it was too late in the day (Friday) and it would be shipped out Monday. Well, Monday I received an email confirming that my order had been shipped. DD is located in the UK, hammock was shipped out Monday and was delivered to my door Tuesday before lunch. How is that for service? Good job DD and fedex. I slept in my DD hammock last night ( Tuesday ).
    Today ( Wednesday ). I received an email from Claytor saying they couldn't help unless I had family that could get to pay pal for me. I deleted the email without responding but I wish I had told them what I have told all of you here. From this experience I will be a DD costumer for a long time to come. I have already ordered 4 more frontlines for other family members. Sorry Claytor, you just can't get it done. Better step up.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    Wow, good job DD! That's pretty incredible.

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    Not only is it poor service, it's also bad business. Not everyone likes the PayPal option. I know I don't, and even went to the bank and set up a separate account for Paypal, just so I could buy my quilt from Leigh Lo.

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just for the record, one can pay via credit card with PayPal without having a PayPal account.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    Just for the record, one can pay via credit card with PayPal without having a PayPal account.
    How? I pay via CC with a PayPal account...did you mean a PP bank account? I, for one wish PP had some serious competition without the political stuff PP can have (ie: purchase of firearms).

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I received an email from Claytor saying they couldn't help unless I had family that could get to pay pal for me. I deleted the email without responding but I wish I had told them what I have told all of you here.

As to customer service with this outfit I don't know. One thing I'd say is payment has to be a real can of worms for smaller businesses. Plus we often expect them to jump through hoops they may not be able to clear at the moment we want it. To be fair, you should email them and discuss the problem with them...since the cat is already out of the bag here. Don't ya think?

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    I think his issue was he couldn't log on to paypal due to restricted internet.
    "If you give a monkey a gun and he shoots someone, you dont blame the monkey"

The end of the world is not coming in December, it is happening now in my living room. - TFC Rick

http://watermonkey.net/

Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RaulPerez1?feature=mhee

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I believe this thread is incorrectly titled "horrible service".
    Maybe it should have read "After waiting 2 hours I became impatient"?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    DD Tarp 3x3
    Insulation
    GarQuilt/Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    I believe this thread is incorrectly titled "horrible service".
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Maybe it should have read "After waiting 2 hours I became impatient"?
    I'm thinking something more along the lines of "Horrible Customer Expectations"

You got impatient after two hours and now Claytor is the bad guy?

And hammering a business because they use PayPay doesn't seem fair either.

Oh, and BTW, I took a look at the Claytor site and it shows that they accept as payment by, in addition to PayPal, US check, bank transfer or Western Union transfer. So if you don't like PayPal, use one of the other options.

Side note: You don't have to have a PayPal account to pay someone via PayPal.

I am still trying to figure out why the company you work for blocking access to PayPal is reason for you to go off on a business that uses it.

I think it is awesome that you had a great experience with DD. Good for you and for them.

However, I don't think your impatience, ridiculous expectations and limitations placed on your internet access by the company you work for should not be cause for you to trash another company.

Just my $.02 worth...

Hammock
    Dutch 11 Single Nylon
    Tarp
    cuben
    Insulation
    40* down, full.
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    Not only is it poor service, it's also bad business. Not everyone likes the PayPal option. I know I don't, and even went to the bank and set up a separate account for Paypal, just so I could buy my quilt from Leigh Lo.
    i'm with you southpaw; i don't like paypal either and i hate to be fooled by those graphics that lead one to think credit cards are welcome, only to find that it's paypal only.

i further ditto the dd hammock folks. i have no experience with claytor, but dd did a great job communicating with me. i too needed another payment option and they were glad to assist and did so with flying colors. got the hammock to me in no time flat.

sv-

Hammock
    Dutch 11 Single Nylon
    Tarp
    cuben
    Insulation
    40* down, full.
    Suspension
    Dyneema straps.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    not if the same card or your email was once used with a paypal account.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast