HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS

checking to see if anyone would be interested in a Missouri Hang

unfortunatly i live in central Missouri and am very new to the hangin sene but not to the camping/ wilderness survival aspects. anyway would love to get together with some/all of ya for a hang and make some new friends and have a great time, but this is to just test the waters if anything like this could happen feel free to pm me with questions or ideas or if you live in the area or know of good places to hang.

thanks everyone

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    by the looks of it alot of yall has seen this post yet no one has replied so i guess im like the only person on here that lives in missouri whick SUCKS cause i would LOVE to hang at some of yall gatherings but all of you are just so far away anyway maybe someone will see this and reply thanks again for looking at the post

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Oh snap, I've been busy planning a trip to Iowa here week after next, didn't see the post. I'm really barely outfitted. Tarp and Tent and the rest is big gear car camping. I have the treadmill on mountain climb for 45 minutes a day now for a week and hopefully by next year I can get out a couple times somewhere. But this year, along with my major leaves of SPADfest which was in Marshall, MO (by Columbia) and Oshkosh for a week, my time has been ate up babysitting for and moving my daughter/boyfriend/Gdaughter. There's warm weather left but I've no time left to use it and it will be gone soon. I get back and the weekend of the 17th, 18th I have to spend prepping the yard for seeding and finishing up on some paneling repair on the back of my house. October will be putting the garden down for the year and then it will be cold time. Gotta see what I can do to make underquilts that will work.

Now, if you can get a hang going, by all means lets see what you can do. I won't be allowed but that's jsut my lack of kitchen passes. However, twice I believe there has been a spring get together down in the Ozarks close to the old Dogpatch USA location. That's not that long away, at least the way time flys for me right now. Maybe see if we can get to that one? Course, I think they had it in may and that's bad for me too as my daughter, Grand-daughter and I all have birthdays then. They'd all skip my birthday but it's 3 days after my Grand-daughter (just couldnt wait 3 days to come) so we celebrate hers on that weekend, which turns out to be the weekend that everyone has events that I used to go to. Slope Soaring, CL races, a fly-in, Kawasaki Motorcycle roundup in Eureka Springs, and probably the spring hang.

Nice to have family. Would also be nice to have a weekend without family things going on that I could get out on.

Early may through june can be 50/50 chance of decent weather, HOT weather, cold weather or just Tornado's. July will be hot through next month. It's already gotten to the place where the nights can't hold onto the days heat. Tomorrow will be 90's but it'll be upper 60's to 70's come morning. You're running out of time for this year.

Then again, I've seen 80's in October so anything is possible.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BigTurtle View Post
    anyway would love to get together with some/all of ya for a hang and make some new friends and have a great time....
    If you wait on someone else, it may never happen. BUT, ... if you build it, they will come.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    well that was the reason for this thread to see if there was even anyone who might come to merrit me trying to get one together

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    The Ozark hang is about the second weekend in March. Suggest a place and time and see what happens.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    DIY Dangerous Bird
    Tarp
    DIY Rooftop
    Insulation
    DIY Apex/Argon
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I live near Kansas city and kitchen pass permiting would like to go to a group hang
    -Jon-

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    didnt know there was a ozark hang so thats cool to bad its already over oh well maybe i can set a date fairly soon cause i dont have a colder weather setup

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Wouldn't need it tonight or tomorrow. Dang century mark keeps hanging on.
    From somewhere near Parkville, MO.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY winter
    Insulation
    ATP
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    I might be able to make a hang sometime soon. As it stands I haven't met any other hangers in person yet.

There are some good places near Mark Twain NF to backpack, if that's what you're into.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast