Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello from Fort Lewis, Wa!

Hello folks! Nine years in the military, and tired of sleeping on a pad or a cot. This morning, I sent Brandon (Warbonnet) some cold cash on a DD 1.7 Blackbird and Digital Camo Tarp. Initially, I plan on DIY'ing a fleece underquilt, should keep me warm till I can spring for a Yeti, or similar.

I'm pretty certain that I've been brainwashed by Shug, and his Sector 7 sidekicks. A few weeks ago, I spent a nice Sunday evening initially watching random hammock camping videos on Youtube... You can see this coming cantcha'... Well, lo and behold, I see one on the Blackbird, by Shug. Of course, like everyone else in this forum (almost i'm sure) I just had to watch every video... Before I knew it, it was 3 a.m., Monday morning! Yikes! Gotta get up in two hours for pt (Physical training for you civvie types) Needless to say, I had a long day at work, trying hard to stay awake! Thanks Shug! Please stop making such funny and informative video's for the safety of the human population! Well, ok, maybe one or two more won't hurt.

Fort Lewis, Tacoma, Seattle etc hammocker's pipe up here! I've seen threads about group hangs and what not, Oregon being one, but none for the fine state of Washington. What say ye about that?

Thanks guys for the long nites and even longer days from lack of sleep!

Charles

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    welcome to Hammock Forums and hey from high point nc.
    there is a ton of stuff here to read, learn and ask about.
    if it's hammock related it's here or still waiting to be invented.
    hang on and have fun.

home is where your hammock is.

Thanks! I think I've read and reread every thread possible here. Not that it makes me a know it all. Might have to find me a Holiday Inn for that. Cheers!

Hammock
    ENO - DN
    Tarp
    DIY Spinn/ Tadpole
    Insulation
    Orca IX/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey there from So Cal. I was at Fort Lewis many years ago when I went as a snot-nosed cadet for the summer leadership advance camp. Boy, you are in great place for hanging. After sleeping on cots and under tarps on the ground, you will be in heaven in the WBBB. And yes, that Shug is quite the hammock jester and ambassador. Enjoy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    Straps w/Cinch bkl
    Images
    Welcome aboard....good choice on the WBBB, I love mine. I have watched all of Shugs videos...great stuff! Watch them over again from time to time, just for fun....heck, I even bought a Neti Pot because of him....scary!!!
    "I will study and get ready, and perhaps my chance will come." - Abraham Lincoln

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome Charles! I drove thru your neck of the woods 4 times this week (funeral & all in Vancouver,WA). If you go back about three pages on the group hang page, you'll find a Washington link. The problems around here is that the summer weather has been so cold and wet! We were talking about August, but trying to come up with a good spot (snow free). Feel free to add some suggestions to that link.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Quite the intro! - Welcome to the Forums from Canada!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome! What's wrong with snow and cold weather? : P Late August and early September should be the driest days around here. Guess we'll see. Could be worse. I moved from Alaska last year (stationed there), where it rained every day in August last year. This in a normally somewhat arid climate, similiar to eastern Washington/Oregon. Cheers!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I interrupt my own sleep and dreams!!!!!
    Look forward to some fun and comfort and a Whoooooooooo Buddy Welcome to ya'....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thank you Flatline, Lizzie, Aboyd, RodWolfy, Dragon360 and Shug for the fine welcome. Looking forward to my first hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast