outdoor Research
    Insulation
    20° incubator :)
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images

Got my 20° incubator

Title says it all

Well I've been a member of hammock forum for over a year, initially obsessively checking the forums then having about 4-5 months when I was not on at all. Anyway I came back a few weeks ago....just in time for hammock gears sale (or if you think about the costs this obsession brings )

Anyway I ordered a 20° incubator, I waited for a while and didn't hear anything so I emailed hammock gear...got an email back almost instantly their auto notification wasn't working correctly but my quilt had been shipped ...2 days later (cheap standard shipping I got it (today)

Took it out the box and....was very impressed...I haven't used any down products before other than some cheap blankets from sports authority. I was amazed by the instant warmth I got just wrapping it around myself ...and the workmanship is amazing. I've spent similiar amounts for items in stores and have always been disappointed . I could find no fault with the stitching and it was crazy light (coming from a 3-4 lb rei polar pod)

Anyway when I opened it I was not sure about the color scheme, ordered black and was expecting full black, however the inside was an olive green. After sitting with it for 20 mins I've actually grown to like it alot

Read the instructions and it was talking about s-biners to differentiate between head and foot ends. Mine did not come with these, not sure whether it was because it was a sale item?? Also the instructions mentioned an extra long suspension mine seemed short, barely coming out the end of the ends of the channels, not sure if this is normal??

Anyway I have not tried it on the hammock yet but overall I'm VERY impressed
    When life gets you down......make an underquilt!

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    I have the same quilt, which I got just in time for a cold snap last December. Great quilt! You will like it even more when you hang out in the cold.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Have one myself and love it.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7dl
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG TQ & UQ
    i got mine today and do u think im a happy boy!
    Got mine WBBB last week and now i only waiting for the superfly.

Hammock
    WBBB SL Lefty /Traveler
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti,0*Phnx,Burrow
    Suspension
    Stuff from Dutch!
    Images
    WTG GGT!
    when you set it up -- pics or it didn't happen

Hammock
    DEBATING eno and diy at the moment
    Tarp
    outdoor Research
    Insulation
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Did try it for an hour or so last night, not really a fair test in ga weather but I was toasty warm ....think I may have to change the shock cord for some thats slightly longer as it felt very constructive from the sides...I know its meant to be tight but this felt a little too much (anyone know the size of it so I can get more?)

I'm going to do an overnighter somewhere in tennessee this weekend with one of my kids...let you know how it goes

Hammock
    WB Traveler 1.7 single
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH/strap
    Images
    GGT, I was concerned about the length on mine. For the record, I have a GT Skeeter Beeter Pro, which is about the longest hammock out there at 10' 5". Adam was insistent that stock length was good for me and that others should consider shortening. I was skeptical, but after hanging last winter. I agree with his assessment.

Consult with him before you begin changing anything. He really does know his stuff and is extremely helpful when asked.
    “Indian builds small fire and stays warm, white man builds big fire and stays warm collecting firewood”—unknown

“The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea”—Karen Blixen

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoope Slings
    I got the same one as you and it fit my BB great. Used it last nite ( got down to 56 ). Love it. Did throw me about the different color S biners tho

Hammock
    DEBATING eno and diy at the moment
    Tarp
    outdoor Research
    Insulation
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Did you get s biners with the sale one? Hmmmm maybe thats the problem cause I didn't have any s biners I just hooked it into the carabiners? Maybe that stretched out too far? I'll email the hammock gear folks

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Did you get s biners with the sale one? Hmmmm maybe thats the problem cause I didn't have any s biners I just hooked it into the carabiners? Maybe that stretched out too far? I'll email the hammock gear folks

Hum, I personally do not use the S Biners. I just loop the UQ around the gathered end of my WBBB. Adam generally includes a generous amount of shock cord and at least on my incubator and phoenixes I have had to shorten the shock cord by tieing a knot in them. And by constricting, do you mean around your shoulders? It took me a couple of times hanging with the incubator to get it fixed right but once you do it's mighty toasty warm. Enjoy the new gear.
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast