Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod

Bone Dry Under My JRB 11x10!

The trip was awesome this past weekend...and I have to give JRB credit for my comfort. We made it beyond the 1/2 way point on Friday evening and set up camp. There was 6 of us...my oldest son was not able to go so I decided to offer his hammock up for use if anyone wanted to try it. I had a taker...anyway...we ended up with 2 tents and 2 hammocks...The rain set in about 7:45pm and it was a slow but steady drizzle to light rain most of the night...My JRB 11X10 was so SWEET!!! I pitched it with the ridgeline running the 11' length and used it as a retangle tarp...the next morning...I was dry, my gear was dry and the ground below me was dry! There was not a dry place in camp to light the alky stoves for the morning brew...EXCEPT under my JRB 11X10! Got to give it to these folks...I'm one proud and happy camper!

(I am in no way affiliated or associated with Jack's R Better...just a highly satisfied customer!)
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alex30808 View Post
    The trip was awesome this past weekend...and I have to give JRB credit for my comfort. We made it beyond the 1/2 way point on Friday evening and set up camp. There was 6 of us...my oldest son was not able to go so I decided to offer his hammock up for use if anyone wanted to try it. I had a taker...anyway...we ended up with 2 tents and 2 hammocks...The rain set in about 7:45pm and it was a slow but steady drizzle to light rain most of the night...My JRB 11X10 was so SWEET!!! I pitched it with the ridgeline running the 11' length and used it as a retangle tarp...the next morning...I was dry, my gear was dry and the ground below me was dry! There was not a dry place in camp to light the alky stoves for the morning brew...EXCEPT under my JRB 11X10! Got to give it to these folks...I'm one proud and happy camper!

(I am in no way affiliated or associated with Jack's R Better...just a highly satisfied customer!)
    i got one to.its a great tarp,only one thing i dont like about it.i wish it was a 1 foot longer.it is to short,for my claytor jungle.it barely long enough for my 9 ft long hammocks,i am probally going to sell mine neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images

Unhappy

no pics? sniffle, sniffle, .......

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

you must use a real short hammock neo
    the matrix has you

Images
    Bummer about the length problem. I was about to order the JRB or SWT for use with, among other things, the No Net Claytor. I was thinking an 11 ft ridge line would be fine with a rectangular tarp. I figured that with a 10 foot hammock, an 11 foot tarp would give me 6" extra coverage on each end. That would seem to be enough with a rectangular tarp, though it probably would have been a problem with a hex cut. But it is not long enough, is that right Neo?

My MacCat Deluxe, at 10.8 feet, and with the hex cut, is pretty hopeless with the Claytor. If I get it positioned exactly right length wise and have a little sag in the hammock AND pitch the tarp really low so that the hammock ends are near the tarp RL, I can just barely get adequate coverage. With not an inch to spare. But the hex cut is the main problem, especially once the hammock sags.

My 12 foot RL HH Hex is fine, though I still have to pay attention and make sure the hammock is exactly centered and that the tarp is not pitched to high, or if it is I must hang the hammock pretty high, which I don't like to do. Again, the problem is the hex cut.

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    I have a DIY and it's the same length as my Claytor No Net...so..how ever long the Claytor is...that's the length of my DIY...Here's some photos...Just got them a little while ago from my Associate Pastor...The trip was composed of him, 3 of his son-in-laws, one of their dads and me...

This shows the Poncho Pod.

Last edited by alex30808; 04-13-2008 at 20:55.
    Alex Williams
    Williams Custom Calls

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i know what you mean about the satisfaction & contentment of hanging high & dry.
    i spent quite a few nights laying in a (gulp!!!) tent, hoping that it hadn't developed any pin holes in the floor or leaks in the seams because of the cold rain coming down.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Bummer about the length problem. I was about to order the JRB or SWT for use with, among other things, the No Net Claytor. I was thinking an 11 ft ridge line would be fine with a rectangular tarp. I figured that with a 10 foot hammock, an 11 foot tarp would give me 6" extra coverage on each end. That would seem to be enough with a rectangular tarp, though it probably would have been a problem with a hex cut. But it is not long enough, is that right Neo?

My MacCat Deluxe, at 10.8 feet, and with the hex cut, is pretty hopeless with the Claytor. If I get it positioned exactly right length wise and have a little sag in the hammock AND pitch the tarp really low so that the hammock ends are near the tarp RL, I can just barely get adequate coverage. With not an inch to spare. But the hex cut is the main problem, especially once the hammock sags.

My 12 foot RL HH Hex is fine, though I still have to pay attention and make sure the hammock is exactly centered and that the tarp is not pitched to high, or if it is I must hang the hammock pretty high, which I don't like to do. Again, the problem is the hex cut.
    i have a claytor 13 x 10 rectangle tarp a little on the heavy side but it keeps me dry.its sold as the 3 x 4 meter tarp. neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    HHBP or Expr summer, diyMutts other
    Tarp
    HH Explr or HH Hex
    Insulation
    IXUQ+NeoAr
    Suspension
    Rings+Static line
    Alex and others--
    thanks for the winter tarp comments ... more of the kind of stuff I was looking for on the other winter tarp thread.

The comments on length were esp usefull .. got 2 hamms at 9ft and 2 at 8ft.

Most of our PNW storms in fall and spring involve wind and often LOTS of rain.

the Garlington Taco effect with the poncho is a gotta try thing .. not for warmth rather blown precip.
    "There's no accounting for other people's taste in love, fiction and huntin' dogs." ---Mark Twain

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    the poncho was "moist" but it was not "wet". This could have been condensation...but as cool as it was (low 40's to high 30's) I dont think it was. I will be looking into getting another liner for those extra cool nights.
    Alex Williams
    Williams Custom Calls

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast