WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing

Hennessy Asym and Peapod

I had bought a Original Speer peapod from another HF member (a synthetic one). it was made before Ed started making them in Down.

I originally bought it for my GT UL hammock and wondered it it could be used with my 2QZQ modded Hennesy.

I tried it ou the other day in the basement and it works out nicely. just used some plastic clips to hold it to the sides but i will add some ties to the peapod to match the hennessy side tieouts.

I lay in the hammock for a hour and it works great used a US army Poncho liner as a TQ and had a nice sleep for a few hours.

Need to feild test the rig but i think it will work out great.

I was wondering though when it hangs under the hammock there is enogh sag and space between the peapod and hammock but when i lay in the hammock the quilt touches the hammock is this normal with under quilts or should the quilt still hang with some gap uder the hammock with mr in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftrex View Post
    I had bought a Original Speer peapod from another HF member (a synthetic one). it was made before Ed started making them in Down.

I originally bought it for my GT UL hammock and wondered it it could be used with my 2QZQ modded Hennesy.

I tried it ou the other day in the basement and it works out nicely. just used some plastic clips to hold it to the sides but i will add some ties to the peapod to match the hennessy side tieouts.

I lay in the hammock for a hour and it works great used a US army Poncho liner as a TQ and had a nice sleep for a few hours.

Need to feild test the rig but i think it will work out great.

I was wondering though when it hangs under the hammock there is enogh sag and space between the peapod and hammock but when i lay in the hammock the quilt touches the hammock is this normal with under quilts or should the quilt still hang with some gap uder the hammock with mr in it.
    So, are you just using it as an UQ, rather than a wrap around pod/tq/uq combo?

There should be a pretty good gap before you lay down. But once you are in, the bottom of the hammock (back/butt area) should just barely touch the PeaPod's inside/lower surface. Just enough tension to minimize the gap/barely make contact, but not tight enough to compress the loft. The amount of gap (before laying down) will vary depending on of it will just be an UQ, or if you go for pod style wrap around, and/or whether you are planning on adding some insulation ( down parka etc) inside the pod.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB, Leighlo FLUQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Thanks for the info Billybob. I took your advice and tried something and now i can pass my arm between the hammock and pp and when i lay in the hammock i am just touching the pp and have air space between me bottom of peapod. i added my IX pads between the pp and hammock and lay in it and man you can feel the heat and with a poncho liner and just the peapod i was nice an warm in the basement. adding the two IX pads and i t toasty.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jefftrex View Post
    Thanks for the info Billybob. I took your advice and tried something and now i can pass my arm between the hammock and pp and when i lay in the hammock i am just touching the pp and have air space between me bottom of peapod. i added my IX pads between the pp and hammock and lay in it and man you can feel the heat and with a poncho liner and just the peapod i was nice an warm in the basement. adding the two IX pads and i t toasty.
    I combined two IX layer UQ with a 20F PeaPod once. I Think it was maybe hi 20s or lo 30s. No TQ, just some warm camp clothes. I could barely stay inside the thing, had to vent a lot- too hot!

• + New Posts