Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY GrayCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/0* bag
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle&hugger
    wwk10, how would I string that up from my suspension on both sides of my hammock? I'm looking to literally have a second smaller hammock like lymph mentioned a few posts up. If that's what you're going after then I'm sorry for being dumb.

Hammock
    1.9 SL DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    GuideGear12x12
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart UQ 550FP
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Yes, a small hammock is what I am going for. I even set it up on the aisle in WM.

I pulled those photos from the web.
    I need a photo of the cover laid out.
    Like most pack covers it has a cord in a channel around the peremiter which is cinched tight with a cord lock to secure it around the pack.

There is enuf slack in this cord that it is the beginnings of a suspension system. The cord hangs out of the channel at the head and foot end. Just attach a short length of rope to the cord on each end of the pack. You can use a knot carabiner whatever. The other end can be attached to the same tree as your hammock or to the hammock suspension etc.

In the third picture you can make out the cord hanging out past the cord lock at the foot and at the head end.

Does that make any sense?

Underneath is good, but I think I am going to try and get it up to night stand height on one side.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY GrayCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/0* bag
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle&hugger
    I think I see what you're saying. Only thing that I don't like is how deep it is. I'd rather have something that only has a few inches of depth, so I'm not reaching down into the storage hammock. I think I need to see a pic of it laid out too. I guess it could stretch far enough to flatten out some?

Hammock
    GTs & DIYs
    Tarp
    Noah12'/Etowah10'
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    One of the disadvantages I found of having the hammock higher next to the head end of my hammock for ease of access to items was the boot smell, lol... I put my boots in there to keep the land critters out of them, and would get a waft of them every so often at face height... the next night we hung it lower, and more towards the middle of the hammock instead of the head and problem solved.

Hammock
    REI Quarter Dome Air
    Tarp
    WL-Tad Pole -Black
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps/MSH/Whoopie
    Just FYI, probably not what you are looking for but ENO makes a product called "Possum Pocket"...around $25.00 3.5 oz. Looks like a bag that hangs somewhere and also can be used for short day hikes.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    DIY GrayCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/0* bag
    Suspension
    Cinchbuckle&hugger
    Roomate brought up a good point about the walmart bag wwk10.. If we're attaching cordage to the ends of the shockcord, and we put any kind of linear tension on the cordage (i.e. to bring it closer to the hammock/tighter, or put anything in it) the bag will cinch closed.. This isn't what I'm looking for, not sure if you already thought of that.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flashbang009 View Post
    Roomate brought up a good point about the walmart bag wwk10.. If we're attaching cordage to the ends of the shockcord, and we put any kind of linear tension on the cordage (i.e. to bring it closer to the hammock/tighter, or put anything in it) the bag will cinch closed.. This isn't what I'm looking for, not sure if you already thought of that.
    I actually have one of those floating around somewhere. If I recall correctly, the cord run through the hem is just nylon shoestring material. The hems themselves are elasticized, not the cordage running through them.

As long as you don't put too much tension on the suspension for it, it shouldn't close up on you. Even then, putting weight in it should keep the bottom hanging down and pulling something out would be just a matter of widening the sides a bit. Worse case scenario would be having to make a couple of spreader bars from twigs lying around. Not too hard, I shouldn't think.

I'll try tomorrow to hang it up and post some pictures, if I can find it in my random camping gear pile.

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I'm off on a camping trip to test a external gear loft in the morning, I wanted something like the WB BB has, but retrofitable to my Henessey. It uses an external ridgeline, can sit on either side, and slide fore and aft. It's about 2 feet wide, by 18" deep. I just wanted a place for clothes where I don't have to get out of the hammock, and get tired of having too many things inside the hammock. I can just reach up and grab them, at least that is the plan.

Hammock
    1.9 SL DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    GuideGear12x12
    Insulation
    DIY Kmart UQ 550FP
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Flashbang, I like the gear hammock big enuf to hold everything. You could sew pockets to the inside of the gear hammock to keep certain things handy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12