Thread: Man down!

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    I use zipties for the ease of use and also not needing to make the hammock an extra two feet needed to make the knot.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    DIY 1.3 Ripstop Nylon
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 Silnylon
    Insulation
    ccfPAD WM Highlite
    wow, I didn't even know about this club! Is it one where the bigger the fall the better standing you have with the "club"? If so, I've got an awesome story. I fell about 12' when I was younger . I had a hammock hung out side of my tree house and it gave way. I hit the "porch" of the tree house and then fell the rest of the way to the ground. It was pretty terrible, but it taught me to be a lot more careful when getting in a hammock. And to hang closer to the ground !
    God Bless,
    Kyle
    [email protected]

"Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
    Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
    With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
    But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle" - Casting Crowns

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I sat down on my Byer with a full dinner of rice and pork chop in my freezer bag. I didn't stop to check whether the hammock actually OPENED behind me when I leaned back... Flip! Bam! Flat on my back, with hot rice raining down on me from far above. It must have looked very funny, but I don't think anyone saw me or knew why I was laughing so hard. I had to go find my spoon, which had gotten flung about 15 feet behind me...

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Images
    [QUOTE=dufus934;56797]wow, I didn't even know about this club! Is it one where the bigger the fall the better standing you have with the "club"? QUOTE]

I think that Slowhike has us all beat, though his big fall didn't envolve a hammock. Maybe he will share with us the importance of thinking things through before act when we are miles away from help.
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Welcome aboard. Actually, it's quite possible to keep a hammock hanging with Ed Speer's Four Wrap Knot.
    That's what I was going to say. I've been using Ed's method for a year now, never slipped a bit. Did get a minor amount of slipping when I was only able to do two wraps due to tree size, but three or four wraps has always held firmly.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    [QUOTE=T-BACK;56800]
    Quote Originally Posted by dufus934 View Post
    wow, I didn't even know about this club! Is it one where the bigger the fall the better standing you have with the "club"? QUOTE]

I think that Slowhike has us all beat, though his big fall didn't envolve a hammock. Maybe he will share with us the importance of thinking things through before act when we are miles away from help.
    i was sure glad that i discovered hammocks a while after the recovery<G>.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12