Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by lymphocytosis View Post
    Hey, that sounds pretty cool. Thanks for answering! I did some searching and I had trouble finding anything about the stuff in the first place. Apparently it's some kind of weapon for World of Warcraft, but that was DEFINITELY not what I was looking for. If you have good success with it, I'm sure it will be something members here will be interested in trying out!
    Okay, did some quick research....apparently we are selling the product under the Storm Shield name (private label stuff) but it is this product http://www.fortifiber.com/weathersmart.html Sorry for the confusion, we add new products all the time and it is hard to keep track of what we manufacture vs what we buy and rename etc. Any way, check out Weathersmart, it is a cool product.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    CD - You'll like the Palisades. It is a beauitiful park. I would bet you'll be pretty much alone that weekend, up there.
    kehlopolis - The palisades is about 3 hours west on Rte 20. and then south a bit. There is also Apple River State Park, a little closer. In the fall you can find yourself just about totally alone out there.
    If you go a little further south there are some really nice parks, too.
    Again, in the fall, there's not a whole lot of traffic. Summers are more problematic as far as crowding goes, but I guess that's true even on the AT.
    Of course, if you can drive 6-8 hours you can get to Shawnee National Forest and find some really, really nice camping.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    CD, how does one lay hands on this stuff? Is it expensive? Gotta buy a full roll?
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night Owl
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9.6
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Daisy Chains
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    CD, how does one lay hands on this stuff? Is it expensive? Gotta buy a full roll?
    We sell it by the roll but I think I might sacrifice a roll in the name of camp science. If I decide to do that and you want a sheet to mess around with, shoot me a PM and I will get it over to you.

To answer your cost question, a 9' x 150' roll sells for around $160...about $.12 a square foot. If it catches on as a good tarp, ground cloth or UQ material, I may just have to sell it by the square foot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12