HH Expedition, DIY
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    PiSq, I was just thinking about doing the same, let us know what they say.

Either way I believe I'm ordering some to work with. I was planning on a tq with the sport, and am trying to figure the weight difference between it the loose to make a 20* tq...
    "truth is uncontainable, and inexpressible. It neither is nor is not.
    This unformulated principle is the foundation of the different systems of all the sages."
    Diamond Sutra

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    The loose fill Primaloft is divided into 3 different products:
    "PrimaLoft Thermo, PrimaLoft Support and PrimaLoft Memory – all engineered for specific performance attributes and end uses."

I don't really know which one of these is available through Downlite, nor how these 3 fills relate to Primaloft products offered in the Outdoor market.

More study is needed.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Here's a little more info on the 3 different loose fills:

PrimaLoft® Thermo’s exclusive formula of blowable polyester fiber fill provides optimal performance for down-like™ comforters and blankets. The microfiber blended technology of PrimaLoft® Thermo allows the polyester fiber to mimic the loft and softness of down. The polyester fibers also create a layer of insulating technology which that mimic the warmth of a 550- fill power down product.

PrimaLoft® Support was engineered exclusively to create down-like™ pillows and pads. The blended technology of PrimaLoft® Support allows the polyester fiber to mimic the qualities of down-like™ loft and softness, while providing hypo-allergenic and anti-microbial benefits. The polyester fibers create a customizable down alternative that cradles and supports the head, neck and shoulders.

PrimaLoft® Memory’s garnetted polyester fiber fill provides durable performance for pillows and pads, providing a balance of support and resilience. DOWNLITE utilizes the best state-of-the-art garnetting machinery in the world today. Such superior craftsmanship and quality control optimizes PrimaLoft®’s memory recovery and end product performance.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, DIY
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Well I've ordered some... so sooner or later I'll get around to making something and trying it out... I'm going to use the 550 number to figure fill weights etc... now I have to buy some cheap fabric to practice on....
    "truth is uncontainable, and inexpressible. It neither is nor is not.
    This unformulated principle is the foundation of the different systems of all the sages."
    Diamond Sutra

Tarp
    OES Cuben 4 Season
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie/MSH
    Images
    Anyone finish one of these? I'm about to start a TQ, really can't afford down. I was going to do Insultex, and some cheap quilt-batting between multiple layers, but I was thinking if I did loose Primaloft with baffles, I might just be able to replace it with down in the future.

Other reason than price for choosing primaloft or similar

Im planning on making an UQ with primaloft sport. It will be very cheap but it will be easy to make and pretty light weight to. The advantage that I´m seeing is that I only need to put fabric (rip stop nylon) on one side, the other side will be towards my downproof hammock! and when i roll it up I can roll it together with the hammock. I will make some quilting with threads trough the insulation and the nylon.

Any suggestion on what temperature the different thicknesses will take me down to? 60g/qm -- 1,8oz/sq yd, 133g/sqm -- 4oz/sq yd, 200g/qm -- 6oz/sq yd

I have not found any diy instructions on UQ made from primaloft or similar, any suggestions?

Thanks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123