Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    The JRB wearable quilt I have is the old Stealth (not to be confused with the new Sierra Stealth) it's an amazing piece of kit that is not only wearable and can be used as a TQ but also has the rigging to hang as an UQ.

I'm holding on to that quilt until it disintegrates (probably in 20-30 years if my thru hike doesn't just ruin it haha)
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Rocky Mountain Sniveler here and I do love it!

For me, the insulated poncho was a huge sell-point. However, after 4 years, I very rarely use it in that mode as primary outer wear. Main reason being, I like a fire and I don't like embers landing on my down gear. For that reason I still, much to my dismay, usually carry my standard vest for camp. So I don't really get to enjoy the weight savings that are possible with the wearable quilts.

I will say that the times I do use it as a poncho, it is a thing of beauty. Well, it's actually ugly as snot when being worn, but man-o-man is it warm goodness on a cold night or morning. I use mine in poncho mode fairly often in the mornings when I don't have a fire burning. Tis a wonderful thing!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

another user

I use my No Sniveler as a top quilt, but seldom as a serape. I use the JRB down sleeves and hood with a down vest. The hood has such good sound insulation that you get to listen to your heartbeat, all night long. That is a problem.

Sitting up in my hammock, with my feet on the ground, I just wrap the NS around me, using a microbiner in the UQ tieouts to wear it like a shawl. When supper is over, I get in my hammock high in one end, like a recliner chair at home. I don't need the serape because I'm so warm and comfortable in the hammock.

If I was on the ground, I would not lay down until sleep time. That is when I would be wearing the NS in the evenings.

Most of my trips are solo, so there is no staying up to visit. I have to mumble to myself for the whole trip.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG 3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Speed hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    Hi all,

I am intrigued by the Jacks R Better No Sniveler series.

The conversion into wearable insulation is a major potential weight savings!

I'm fantasizing about a High Sierra No Sniveler as a winter Top Quilt / Worn Insulation for winter hammocking.

The JRB Hood & Sleeves only make it that much more appealing.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks,
    Sean
    Sean, I have a 1st generation JRB NEST that I had modified into a Sniverler last year. While I don't use my HH much any more, I love the versatility the modded NEST gives me. There are times it goes in the kit even when I know I am not going to use it other than extra insulation. Get a Sniveler and you won't regret it.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!