Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    The JRB wearable quilt I have is the old Stealth (not to be confused with the new Sierra Stealth) it's an amazing piece of kit that is not only wearable and can be used as a TQ but also has the rigging to hang as an UQ.

I'm holding on to that quilt until it disintegrates (probably in 20-30 years if my thru hike doesn't just ruin it haha)
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Rocky Mountain Sniveler here and I do love it!

For me, the insulated poncho was a huge sell-point. However, after 4 years, I very rarely use it in that mode as primary outer wear. Main reason being, I like a fire and I don't like embers landing on my down gear. For that reason I still, much to my dismay, usually carry my standard vest for camp. So I don't really get to enjoy the weight savings that are possible with the wearable quilts.

I will say that the times I do use it as a poncho, it is a thing of beauty. Well, it's actually ugly as snot when being worn, but man-o-man is it warm goodness on a cold night or morning. I use mine in poncho mode fairly often in the mornings when I don't have a fire burning. Tis a wonderful thing!
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WWM with Dynaglide whoopies
    Tarp
    8.5x10 Zpack
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    DreamHmck slng/tog

another user

I use my No Sniveler as a top quilt, but seldom as a serape. I use the JRB down sleeves and hood with a down vest. The hood has such good sound insulation that you get to listen to your heartbeat, all night long. That is a problem.

Sitting up in my hammock, with my feet on the ground, I just wrap the NS around me, using a microbiner in the UQ tieouts to wear it like a shawl. When supper is over, I get in my hammock high in one end, like a recliner chair at home. I don't need the serape because I'm so warm and comfortable in the hammock.

If I was on the ground, I would not lay down until sleep time. That is when I would be wearing the NS in the evenings.

Most of my trips are solo, so there is no staying up to visit. I have to mumble to myself for the whole trip.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by begleysm View Post
    Hi all,

I am intrigued by the Jacks R Better No Sniveler series.

The conversion into wearable insulation is a major potential weight savings!

I'm fantasizing about a High Sierra No Sniveler as a winter Top Quilt / Worn Insulation for winter hammocking.

The JRB Hood & Sleeves only make it that much more appealing.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences?

Thanks,
    Sean
    Sean, I have a 1st generation JRB NEST that I had modified into a Sniverler last year. While I don't use my HH much any more, I love the versatility the modded NEST gives me. There are times it goes in the kit even when I know I am not going to use it other than extra insulation. Get a Sniveler and you won't regret it.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12