Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Flangler View Post
    The next few days saw me taking my favorite all time drive up and over the Beartooth Pass towards Cooke City and the Yellowstone NE entrance. I must’ve made this drive a dozen times now, but still am just completely awestruck by its beauty every single time I do it.
    Resurrecting an old thread, but having grown up driving the Beartooth, it doesn't get any less amazing.

This looks like Twin Lakes - where I drive Beartooth N00bs to freak them out with the guys skiing the Headwall.

Looks like you drove both ways, ever done the Beaten Path to get back over to East Rosebud? That's on my agenda next year.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davesimon View Post
    Looks like you drove both ways, ever done the Beaten Path to get back over to East Rosebud? That's on my agenda next year.
    Hey...I've been trying to add The Beaten Path to my annual pilgrimage for the last few years but the timing/logistics just never work out. This was going to be the year but a buddy of mine decided to join me in the middle of this year's MT trip, so I'll have to reschedule my Cooke City to East 'Bud hike for next year. If you're out that way maybe we could meet up, or exchange keys in the middle?

Love your signature--may have to steal that one!
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Hey...I've been trying to add The Beaten Path to my annual pilgrimage for the last few years but the timing/logistics just never work out. This was going to be the year but a buddy of mine decided to join me in the middle of this year's MT trip, so I'll have to reschedule my Cooke City to East 'Bud hike for next year. If you're out that way maybe we could meet up, or exchange keys in the middle?

Love your signature--may have to steal that one!
    I'm lucky enough to have a ride on both ends*, but if we're out at the same time, definitely should meet up!

* Plus we have friends with a cabin at East Rosebud, so if my ride is late... oh who am I kidding, I'll be at the Grizzly Bar having a burger.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Love me some Grizzly! And the Cowboy up in Fishtail, too, but not as much for the food as the gorgeous bartender, Brenda. And lucky you for knowing someone with a place back up there.

Well if you're down that way, I'll be fishing the 'Bud for a few days after Labor Day and camping in site #4.
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    If I ever make it into that part of our Great nation again, I will never leave. I Went through alot of the northwest and Yellowstone at 11 yrs old. We had a slide in camper and i layed across the top bunk and stared out that big window, WOW what a trip! Your pics stired up some good memeries THANKS! Outstandin TR Thanks so much for sharing
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    If I ever make it into that part of our Great nation again, I will never leave. I Went through alot of the northwest and Yellowstone at 11 yrs old. We had a slide in camper and i layed across the top bunk and stared out that big window, WOW what a trip! Your pics stired up some good memeries THANKS! Outstandin TR Thanks so much for sharing
    There's only one place I'd rather be than in the Beartooths, and the competition is tight. That place is the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska.

Growing up in the Greater Yellowstone area, I've been spoiled by all the resources around me!

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Love me some Grizzly! And the Cowboy up in Fishtail, too, but not as much for the food as the gorgeous bartender, Brenda. And lucky you for knowing someone with a place back up there.

Well if you're down that way, I'll be fishing the 'Bud for a few days after Labor Day and camping in site #4.
    100% chance I'll be in the general vicinity... we have two acres on Rock Creek just past Red Lodge that my grandpa was smart enough to buy 50+ years ago.

If I get the chance to head over the hill towards Roscoe, I'll swing in and throw a fly or two!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Absolutely great trip - my kind of stuff.

How does it work with fishing licenses in Montana, especially wondering with regards to foreigners such as myself..? That looks like a bucket-list-thing for sure.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Montana Fishing Licenses

The Smith River requires a special lottery permit otherwise all other rivers are just license required, follow regulations and limits.

The Beartooth area is tricky though because it's right along the border with Wyoming so be conscious of that. Add in Yellowstone to the mix, too.

Other than that, bring your rod, lots of flies, your camera and your hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB yeti, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    70 bucks for a season licence - did I read that correctly?? Here in Austria, they charge anything from 60-80 Euros, or even more on some attractive waters, for a day! And the fishing you've got seems a lot sweeter too.. kind of like back home in Sweden!

Gotta go.... really..

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast