Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet El Dorado
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole tarp
    Insulation
    Enlightened UQ

Philadelphia-area people, want to hang on Oct. 8-9?

Basically, I only have one friend who's into camping and he's busy next weekend. Seeing as how it's October, I want to spend just about every weekend in the woods in one way or another, so I thought I'd see if there's anybody from the area around Philly who'd want to set up a group hang this Saturday-Sunday. Or Friday-Saturday I guess although I probably couldn't get off work early enough. I live in the city and don't have a car but I could take the regional rail out to meet someone and get picked up. Anybody interested?

Images
    With the Phillies in the playoffs? Think November.

Images
    where ? south jersey or central pa?
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm looking to get one hang in before Fall MAHHA at Gathland State Park 10/14-16. I'm good for an overnight 10/8-9 if it fleshes out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm looking to get one hang in before Fall MAHHA at Gathland State Park 10/14-16. I'm good for an overnight 10/8-9 if it fleshes out.
    sorry, too much distance. Parvins would be the farthest i'd go. thanks for offer.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Interested yes, but not available.
    I have a day-long commitment on Saturday.
    Oh yeah, and my UQ and tarp aren't in yet and I think I would have a severe case of CBS without them.

I even type with a Dutch accent.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    sorry, too much distance. Parvins would be the farthest i'd go. thanks for offer.
    English, tricky language. I was trying to say that I'd be interested in a local hang (NY/NJ) before going down to the MAHHA in Maryland.

Even though I live in NJ, I have never hung or camped in New Jersey. That $20 per night fee for a campsite at Parvin just kills me, and that looks like the rate at all NJ State Parks & Forests. Makes the Catskills, Adirondacks and AT look quite enticing!

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I might be able to swing something this weekend. I'd just have to shuffle some family stuff. Since I had to cancel MAHHA. I'd like to duck out for a night if I can.

Even though I live in NJ, I have never hung or camped in New Jersey. That $20 per night fee for a campsite at Parvin just kills me, and that looks like the rate at all NJ State Parks & Forests. Makes the Catskills, Adirondacks and AT look quite enticing!
    There are a few backcountry camp sites in Wharton that are $2/person/night and they're pretty nice spots too. Batona Camp, the location of the winter hang, is one. Lower Forge is another that I've hit.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I might be able to swing something this weekend. I'd just have to shuffle some family stuff. Since I had to cancel MAHHA. I'd like to duck out for a night if I can.

There are a few backcountry camp sites in Wharton that are $2/person/night and they're pretty nice spots too. Batona Camp, the location of the winter hang, is one. Lower Forge is another that I've hit.
    Dylan:

The wife and kids are away this weekend so I'm game for a Saturday hang. Let me know if you work something out. I've got a soccer game so I probably can't hit the road till 3 pm. I've been meaning to try Wharton State Forest.
    It's great to hear they have a winter hang that is local. I'll be there for sure!

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Dylan:

The wife and kids are away this weekend so I'm game for a Saturday hang. Let me know if you work something out. I've got a soccer game so I probably can't hit the road till 3 pm. I've been meaning to try Wharton State Forest.
    It's great to hear they have a winter hang that is local. I'll be there for sure!
    It's looking like I can only duck out for a Friday night overnight. I have to watch the kiddos Saturday night. If a Friday overnight works for you, or anyone else that wants to go, I welcome the company. I may try Turkey Swamp Park in Freehold or Allire.

jbphilly - if you can get out early enough an train it to Hamilton or Princeton Jct. (one or two stops from Trenton) I can pick you up.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast