Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Western Carolinas
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTiles View Post
    good stuff. thanks for sharing.
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it


    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    I had to look to see were Gorges State Park, NC is located. I've not been there but I've done a few trips just north of there in Panther Town Valley.
    Nice looking area there.
    I didn't know about it either until I read about it under local hikes in Backpacker Mag believe it or not.. Thanks for watching!
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

    Show of Life Media Blog

    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

  2. #12
    Member Visionmonger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season
    Insulation
    Yeti/HG W Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Posts
    66
    Great reports! Glad to see another Phish head on the forum! Keep 'em com'in.
    "If you push something hard enough it will fall over."
    -Fudd's first law of opposition.

  3. #13
    New Member juanbalboa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Irmo, SC
    Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow3S
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    33

    Good to see you again!

    I was one of the three guys and a dog to stomp through your campsite just as you got there. Friday night my group got started late and camped (3 hammocks) on the side of a hill about 3.5 miles down the Canebreak trail and finished off the last hour of the trail by 11:00 Saturday morning. When we got to the primitive campsites, we decided the area was too pretty to pass up. Origianally we were going to do a 16-mile loop, but since we hadn't done alot of backpacking together, we took it easy and enjoyed the area. It was great weather and fun to explore that area. Wonderful location. I can't wait to get back that way again. Thanks for the vids.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by juanbalboa; 10-06-2011 at 20:31.

  4. #14
    Member DiezelDorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Hammock
    DIY Hennessey A-sym
    Tarp
    JRB Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing / Amsteel
    Posts
    62
    beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. I really wish i lived closer to the NC so I could go hiking every weekend. Right now seems like the perfect camping weather too!

  5. #15
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,894
    Images
    62
    I know that restless feeling!
    Never heard of the park but nice to see it with you in it.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  6. #16
    carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Western Carolinas
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionmonger View Post
    Great reports! Glad to see another Phish head on the forum! Keep 'em com'in.
    Thanks, there are a few of us around here

    Quote Originally Posted by juanbalboa View Post
    I was one of the three guys and a dog to stomp through your campsite just as you got there. Friday night my group got started late and camped (3 hammocks) on the side of a hill about 3.5 miles down the Canebreak trail and finished off the last hour of the trail by 11:00 Saturday morning. When we got to the primitive campsites, we decided the area was too pretty to pass up. Origianally we were going to do a 16-mile loop, but since we hadn't done alot of backpacking together, we took it easy and enjoyed the area. It was great weather and fun to explore that area. Wonderful location. I can't wait to get back that way again. Thanks for the vids.
    Nice... How did you guys enjoy the hike to the lake?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiezelDorf View Post
    beautiful place. Thanks for sharing. I really wish i lived closer to the NC so I could go hiking every weekend. Right now seems like the perfect camping weather too!
    There is no place I'd rather live than the western Carolinas. So many cool place to go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I know that restless feeling!
    Never heard of the park but nice to see it with you in it.
    Shug
    I hadn't either. I read about it in the "local hikes" section Of of backpacker Mag believe it or not
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

    Show of Life Media Blog

    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

Similar Threads

  1. High point state park trip report!
    By Jshep420 in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 20:35
  2. The Gorges State Park - in Winter
    By Theosus in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 01:18
  3. Gorges State Park
    By Theosus in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 14:00
  4. Trip Report: Burlingame State Park, RI
    By raiffnuke in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 16:57
  5. Trip report, Stone Mountain State Park, NC
    By NCPatrick in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 12:43

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •