As noted in my post below I have discovered the nirvana of a blow-up pad in the BMBH and am, for now, convinced I will not be getting an UQ since I don't wish to carry both and will not do without an air pad ... period.

So a couple questions for those in the know.

1. It may take me a little while to get a quality self inflating pad but which ones should I be looking at? Pad should be rated to 30deg if possible (not sure what R rating that would be), fill most of the 26" width of the BMBH sleeve (length not as big a concern but at least 60"), and be rigid enuf to spread the hammock out while I'm in it so I'm not forced by gravity to the center as is the case without a pad or with the CCP's I've tried.

2. I'm currently using an old Field & Stream blow-up mat with pillow section and no intergrated insulation (kinda like a pool lounger with ultra HD material). 24"X72X4" but I only blow it up about 1/2 ways which when I'm on it spreads the BMBH out wonderfully & keeps all body parts away from edges as long as I don't put my arms done to my side. Comfort is better than anything I've ever experienced in my lifetime. So until I decide, if I ever do, on a self inflating pad what are some options for increasing temp rating on what I got without adding much bulk or weight. I have a lrg fleece bag I could wrap the pad with but bulk & weight almost rivals an UQ. I thought about a space blanket which when used with my HHSS system in my gathered ends does wonders (toasty at 27deg, coldest I've hammocked in so far) but without the OCF pad not sure if this will do the trick. I might try to wrap the SS OCF pad on top of the mat but even though weight is minimal pack size is not. Need help on this one, much appreciated.