Simple Gathered End
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Insulator
    Suspension
    Whoopies!

Question Superfly Question

OK, so I am looking at purchasing a new tarp and a really like the superfly both for its size and the fact that it already comes with doors. However, this is mt question... Are the doors sewn on (one complete tarp), separate (attached with shockcord), or button on (as shown on the WB website). Please help... i do not think it will affect my purchase but I would really like to know to see if I want to purchase more lines etc. Thanks so much.

Hanging 1, Laying 0

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    I recently ordered a Superfly and had the same question (because I'd seen several variations in YouTube videos). I emailed Brandon at WB Outdoors and he said the doors are attached (one complete tarp).

As you may already know....Brandon is working on catching up the Superfly backorders. I ordered mine last month and was told today I should have it by the end of the week. Sounds like he's working hard to get caught up. Regardless, the folks at Warbonnet are great to work with.

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    Yup, they are now sewn on. There were other variations before, but now its all one big piece.more idiot proof if you ask me
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    They are NOT sewn on. It is continuous material. No seam to fail at all. If you don't want to deploy them, clip them to the opposite corner and hold the open OR roll them up and clip them. I suppose you could send the whole, brand spankin new getup to A2Q2 and have them put on tieouts to hold the doors rolled up and while your at it, have them put a couple pockets and tieout for a pole mod. They'll do it and make it look like Brandon did it, ie Factory. Instead of like I would do it, functional but sewn with a needle, attached to a truck using kite string for thread.

It's kind of like buying a car OR more to the point, a motorcycle. Sure, it's nice as it comes, now lets get that suckered detailed for YOU.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Yeti 20* UQ
    +1 to MrClean.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    They are NOT sewn on. It is continuous material. No seam to fail at all. If you don't want to deploy them, clip them to the opposite corner and hold the open OR roll them up and clip them. I suppose you could send the whole, brand spankin new getup to A2Q2 and have them put on tieouts to hold the doors rolled up and while your at it, have them put a couple pockets and tieout for a pole mod. They'll do it and make it look like Brandon did it, ie Factory. Instead of like I would do it, functional but sewn with a needle, attached to a truck using kite string for thread.

It's kind of like buying a car OR more to the point, a motorcycle. Sure, it's nice as it comes, now lets get that suckered detailed for YOU.
    Mr. Clean is correct!

Hammock
    warbonnet of course
    Tarp
    sf
    +1 I came here specifically to ask this question, glad I found this thread.

Brandon if you come across this post, you should definitely add a small subtitle in the superfly tarp setup video on your website, it gets kinda misleading when you mention that the superfly has detachable doors when in fact it doesn't any longer.

I only say this b.c. the door issue is a little confusing in general on the site since you have the MJ which is a SF without doors, then the SF but then the new option of adding doors to the MJ, then the video which mentions detachable doors on the SF tarp. Makes things a little complicated for us simple folk

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Actually, it's cause the videos are old. He needs to have some Shug love & a couple of new videos made...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pwr2al4 View Post
    +1 I came here specifically to ask this question, glad I found this thread.

Brandon if you come across this post, you should definitely add a small subtitle in the superfly tarp setup video on your website, it gets kinda misleading when you mention that the superfly has detachable doors when in fact it doesn't any longer.

I only say this b.c. the door issue is a little confusing in general on the site since you have the MJ which is a SF without doors, then the SF but then the new option of adding doors to the MJ, then the video which mentions detachable doors on the SF tarp. Makes things a little complicated for us simple folk
    yes, i need to update the video altogether, hope to do this in the coming weeks. the video is the old model superfly which is basically the same as the mj plus door kit

• + New Posts