Hi all,

I'm wondering if any engineer types hang around here, and might be able to help spec out a stand that could be portable and stand-alone.

What I'm thinking is, something like this steel monster (See this link) made in aluminum or titanium, with holes drilled through the base, to allow the standing arms and feet to simply slide on. The suspension arms would extend through the holes in the base to connect through another hole in the feet. (don't ask me to draw!

It wouldn't require any soldering, would be easy to assemble, and should be light enough to pack. The longer pieces could be made like collapsible tent poles so overall packed size would be under 3'.

What needs a bit of engineering is figuring out the pole sizes & ideal lengths, I have no access to titanium or aluminum material specs or the necessary physics to figure this out myself

Hoping someone can help so we can go forth and make these ourselves (instead of having to wait for someone to take the idea, make it proprietary and charge a fortune selling them to us :P)