So I've got two Hennessy hammocks, a backpacker ultralight and expedition. The expedition I modded myself with a full-length zipper on one side and a half zipper on the other side. On the backpacker ultralight it came with a stock full-length double zipper on one side.
The issue I've been having for years with these hammocks, is how to keep the unzipped bug net out of your grill. On the expedition I can just throw it out and let it hang, not optimal, but it gets it out of my way. With my ultralight there is a little velcro tab that you can attach the bug net to, but that only clears half of the bug net and comes undone most of the time when I get it and out.
Anyways, I sewed on a couple tiebacks to just tie the bugnet back, worked great, except by the time I woke up, it had come untied. As a solution I ended up sewing alternating velcro on each of the tiebacks, which, as you can see from the pictures, allows the tiebacks to velcro back onto themselves when not in use. Works awesome! Considering emailing 2Q/ZQ about switching to little velcro tiebacks instead of ones you have to tie, which would be a pain in cold conditions without dexterity in your fingers.
Let me know what you all think!