Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
Great to hear that! How cold did it get down where you are? It was down to 41 when I woke this morning here in Gainesville, and under insulation is absolutely needed at those temps. Did you use a pad? Or a sleeping bag? Or something else?

Fortunately, it also means that the skeeters are too cold to bother anyone, making for a topless night (insert bad joke about adult entertainment here ).

Sorry to hear about the acrobatics, but it's certainly a learning curve on getting in and out of the hammock. Glad you weren't hurt.
Lower to mid 50s... I used a couple of comforters (it got crowded in there) and used my sleeping bag (old bag that is rated for 40ish) and was warm enough. Unfortunately it wasn't cold enough here to slow the skeeters down too much. They were buzzing me and wishing they could get through my netting when I got up in the morning.

The fall was good for some comic relief before bed . While I do know how to safely get into and out of a hammock it was the rush to avoid the skeeter cloud that made me not pull it apart enough and not pay attention to what I was doing. Lesson learned

I did learn that I'm not really interested in having anything in the hammock for insulation other than a TQ since everything you lay on goes all over the place and is difficult to adjust to exactly where you want it. I have the materials to make the IX UQ from diygearsupply so I might even try to work on that tonight. I also need to make something to keep my stuff in that I can hang off of the ridgeline. So many projects...

Dave