DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY 11x11 silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ, 0* SB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Images
    My setup allows me to adjust without having to move much in the middle of the night. I can adjust the head or foot end w/o trouble. It takes 4 prussik loops on the ridgeline and a couple of carabiners. I've been really happy with this setup. Hope my mad paint skills helps explain it:

Last edited by scum; 10-21-2011 at 10:49. Reason: trying to embed the picture...

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Explorer (2QZQ Mod #4)
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Baby Orca & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Whoopie & biner
    Images
    Always used the standard JRB UQ Suspensions system.

I MIGHT try to replace/add one or two cord locks to it for more/easier adjustability to the sides.....

Grtz Johan
    My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence.

mob: +31 6 44 80 82 63

http://www.dutchunlimited.com
    http://dutchunlimited.com/english/

My YouTube

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I use partial quilts with a channel sewn into the hem on both sides and both ends.
    I run 5' of 1/8" nylon shock cord through each of the side channels.
    I use 5' of 1.75mm Zing-it tied to the shock cord ends, above, such that the Zing-it completes the loop on each end of the hammock (10' of shock cord, 10' of Zing-it all totalled).
    I then simply hook the Zing-it over the knots on the ends of my gathered end hammock.

The only other cords involved are two 3' lengths of 3/32" nylon shock cord in each end channel of the UQ for cinching up the quilt at the head and foot as necessary.

I have not seen the need for triangle things or loops thrown over the ridgeline, etc.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Leighlo 20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by scum View Post
    My setup allows me to adjust without having to move much in the middle of the night. I can adjust the head or foot end w/o trouble. It takes 4 prussik loops on the ridgeline and a couple of carabiners. I've been really happy with this setup. Hope my mad paint skills helps explain it:

Holy moly I like this setup a lot. definitely gonna try this out on the hammock tonight

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY 11x11 silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ, 0* SB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Images
    Holy moly I like this setup a lot. definitely gonna try this out on the hammock tonight
    It was born out of frustration of trying to adjust in the middle of the night while trying to not get out of my setup. It works really, really well. It's nice cause I can loosen them way up when getting in and out of the hammock so that i don't put undue strain on the UQ suspension when getting in. Then once laying down, just grab and suck it up tight against me. The 'pulley' prussiks stay put, so I'm guaranteed that the UQ will fit the same everytime. Also, real easy to back it off to cool off if it get's too warm. I absolutely love the setup.

I should note that I have a differential cut IX underquilt so it works for me to really pull it up tight without having to be concerned about compressing it like you would w/ a down UQ. I've also added a shockcord to my 'horse collar' at each end of the UQ to guarantee a seal so long as it's pulled in relatively well. I presume this would work well w/ a down UQ but you might have to be careful not to pull it up too tight? No experience w/ that so I can't say....

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I really like the simplicity of the Warbonnet Yeti. Just loop the continuous shock cord over the whipping at the hammock ends and your done. No need for biners or clips.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pizza View Post
    I really like the simplicity of the Warbonnet Yeti. Just loop the continuous shock cord over the whipping at the hammock ends and your done. No need for biners or clips.
    That is the way I do my 3 season Crow's Nest also. Also adjusts pretty easily from inside the hammock.

HY
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    what do u use to support your UQ. how do u do it. include clips and line.

TY
    KK&K
    Well, I use several different ones- some get used as much by my relatives and friends than me. That is part of my excuse for having so many!

OK, synthetic "Yeti". A full circle of shock cord through a channel on the UQ, simply hooked to the hammock knots or equiv. The foot end has a loop I added, which is out over the hammock end knots.

A JRB MW4 on a JRB bridge. The matching loops on the hammock are put through the loops on the quilt, and the JRB suspension then attached to the HAMMOCK loops. Nothing ever sags as elastics are not really involved.

PeaPod, just tied to the ends with non-elastic cord and then supported on top with 9 feet of Velcro.

HHSS, with UC wrapped around the ends of the hammock

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Very clever.
    Or grand theft.
    Either way, it should be much copied. Talk about fully lived in, home, Wallace & Gromit.

As should the example of illustration. Kudos.

Now: For an UQ which is narrower than the hmmk, and a sleeper who sleeps with shoulder to hmmk side, where are the lines and prussiks to raise one side of the UQ?

I look forward to your unmasking that Rube....Goldberg.

All smilies implied and admiration explicit.

Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images

Loving this! Sure beats getting out of the hammock to adjust the UQ on a cold night.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast