Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    awesome video!!! great report, i really should have moved down there 10 yrs ago....oh well... and this video shows how "silence is golden" rule works well
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    awesome video!!! great report, i really should have moved down there 10 yrs ago....oh well... and this video shows how "silence is golden" rule works well
    +1 on the silence. Great video and the lack of sound gives us the ability to put our own "serenity" view on the trip. Just love it.
    This is cool that it's your first vid. Will want more now.
    Also, you mentioned a few hours drive. I live in Florida and have the same drive to the Gulf of Mexico and 30 min to the Atlantic. This gives a new perspective to get out and find our own hike. Thank you.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Australia...Sub-Tropical Qld, Temperate Tasmania & Tropical Thailand
    Hammock
    Madtree Tarseer
    Tarp
    DIY Cuben
    Insulation
    Warm & fluffy
    Suspension
    Slings and Rings
    Images
    great video phan-tom, nice get-a-way.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    Chinook 9.6x9.6
    Insulation
    AH New River UQ
    Suspension
    Came with the BB
    Images
    Great video. Thanks for sharing. Spring and Fall are the best times for camping, if you can put up with the sudden storms, but sometimes you get lucky. Kayak and canoe camping are the best.
    Your video work is top notch! I wish I could come close to that, and its your first time, you have a real talent.
    I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority. - E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Loved it, so want to paddle somewhere with such different flora and fauna. That was really enjoyable. Lightning is a scary thing sometimes.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    I’d like to know where this place is! Can you let me in on what appears to be a top secret location? North of Iluka looks pretty good. Good kayaking weather at the moment. Seems like that’s a fairly new kayak you’ve got, so I hope you make the most of the good weather, do some paddles and post more videos for us to watch!

Hammock
    Clark Tropical 2 & XL rainfly
    Tarp
    TRG Prospecting
    Insulation
    TTTG Shamu
    Suspension
    standard Clark
    Quote Originally Posted by MikedKC View Post
    Great video. Thanks for sharing your experience. Gotta ask, is that the Go Pro camera?
    Hi Mike, its a Lumix FT1. I've had it for a year or so but this is my first go at trying the video. It was fun but man, it chewed through the battery and memory shockingly fast.

Well made sir. Looks like quite the adventure. Thanks for sharing
    It was good fun Red, I wish I could do it more often and for longer!

Great video. I was surprised to read in the credits that this is your first video. I was thinking while watching it that you did a good job of thinking what shots you needed while doing mundane task like setting up camp.?
    Cheers wwk10, I didn't think about it too much, just played around really and ended up with enough bits and pieces to tell a short story. I did make two draft videos before I ended up with the third and final edit that I was happy with.

awesome video!!! great report, i really should have moved down there 10 yrs ago....oh well... and this video shows how "silence is golden" rule works well?
    Thanks peanuts. Hey, its never too late to move I didn't have the patience to add a soundtrack to this video and the recording quality of camera's inbuilt microphone leaves a lot to be desired so silence it was

+1 on the silence. Great video .........a new perspective to get out and find our own hike. Thank you.?
    Thanks, I always try and find my own hike (or paddle) floridahanger and there are a lot of options where I live. I avoid the busy trails where possible and its even easier to get solitude with a kayak or canoe, it opens up a whole new world of adventure.

great video phan-tom, nice get-a-way.?
    Thanks ofuros, it definitely feels like more an adventure going somewhere new. I'm going to try and head out near Tenterfield sometime before christmas and spend a couple of days walking and hanging off-track in Girraween Nat. park. I've been there a quite a few times now (one of my favourite places, I would recommend it to anyone) but there are a few places I'd love to see that require 'bush camping' to access, can't wait.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Spring and Fall are the best times for camping, if you can put up with the sudden storms, but sometimes you get lucky. Kayak and canoe camping are the best.
    Your video work is top notch! I wish I could come close to that, and its your first time, you have a real talent.?
    Thanks Veto, now all I need to do is get a full time job hiking, paddling and taking videos! ahhhh, its nice to dream... and yes, kayak camping rocks.

Loved it, so want to paddle somewhere with such different flora and fauna. That was really enjoyable. Lightning is a scary thing sometimes.
    Glad you liked it canoebie, I try and go for a paddle somewhere different at least once a month. I live near the coast which is fun to paddle along if its not too rough but theres also lots of rivers and dams to check out. I've been on most of them within an hour or so of where I live and I'm always looking on google earth for new places to go. I've even done a bit of white water on my sea kayak which was an experience...

I’d like to know where this place is! Can you let me in on what appears to be a top secret location? North of Iluka looks pretty good. Good kayaking weather at the moment. Seems like that’s a fairly new kayak you’ve got, so I hope you make the most of the good weather, do some paddles and post more videos for us to watch!
    Sorry Brucie, its so secret that if I tell you I'll have to kill you No, not really its in Bundjalung National Park which should give you enough of an idea of where to find it! Up close the yak doesnt look that new either, its only two years old but it has plenty of 'character' in the form of scrapes, scratches and one (fairly minor and slow leaking...) crack I took it on a 20k paddle down a local river after a flood and it copped a bit of a flogging not to mention a good wipeout or two in the surf!... I paddle every week generally and I even try and get out when I don't feel like it because I know it does me good both physically and mentally, helps flush out the work week and any worries that I have etc etc As for making more videos, it was fun and I plan to do more but they won't be all that frequent. Between work and home and trying to get out camping whenever possible I just dont have the time...
    Last edited by phan-tom; 10-26-2011 at 20:01. Reason: typo's

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    sweet vid bro

• + New Posts