Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    there are alot of great winter UQ out there

my top 3 are....

JRB MW4
    Hammockgear
    and the winter Yeti

there is a Hammockgear for sale now for $190 in the for sale section
    if your looking to go full length the MW4 is a very nice UQ ....
    the winter yeti is nice if you plan on doing only hiking
    and stormcrow will make your UQ to fit your needs...

no matter what one you pick it's a Win,Win
    When giving a +1 for the PeaPod on a Traveler, I should have mentioned to you the JRB MW4. It is pretty foolproof. I have not tested it's zero rating, but I have been plenty warm enough at 10F on a JRB Bridge hammock. Another time I was plenty warm using it on a WBBB at 18F with lot's of wind getting past my tarp.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Maybe not all that pricy when compared to one long(assuming like me you needed long) TQ AND one full length long UQ. And not bad weight wise compared to those 2 also.

So why is it your wife's favorite combo? I won't be surprised if it is because she finds it easiest to stay warm!
    BB, it's because she's warm and snug, and likes that "cocoon" feeling - the last time she used it was about 35 degrees and all we saw of her until the next morning was the top of her hat!

I've used my PP in many different situations, one time I even had to go to ground with it, and yes, the length is the best part.

Sweeper
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    WBBB, Traveler
    Tarp
    Camo MJ w/ doors
    Insulation
    Sniveler, Nest, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    Keep your thoughts coming my finger has almost hit the buy button. I appreciate everyones help way more than you know. I really don't know why I struggle with this stuff so much. And I know I can always resell here if my decision doesn't work for me, but honestly I won't- I will end up keeping what I buy and it will go into the gear I've ear marked for others to use who I want to turn on to our way of life. Not a bad thing just a bit expensive, lol. I know everything I'm looking at is of excellent quality and I can't really go wrong with a choice from any vendor in here unless I picked something w/o enough down. Again thanks everyone for your help with this.

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    Which did you choose?
    I'm betting you chose the PeaPod......

Hammock
    WBBB, Traveler
    Tarp
    Camo MJ w/ doors
    Insulation
    Sniveler, Nest, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    I have a phone call to make then I'll let you all know. But I must say I'm pretty darn excited!
    And even tho it doesn't really belong here- I gotta share that I have also recently contracted the very contagious forum born virus that many here have. Yes I feel the need to pick up a thread injector and make some things, many things of my own. Lol, go figure, I never thought it would happen to me as I typically run in the opposite direction of anything that even whispers domestic. I fall into the age group when home ec was still something that women had to take in school. I ran away but my shoes weren't fast enough, but I had no interest and sucked at it. So the worm has turned.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    not sure which quilts you're still looking at but I haven't seen mention of Leigh's quilts,

http://leighlounderquilts.webs.com/fulllengthuq.htm

I wish I could say something about them but mine hasn't arrived yet. I too sleep very cold and all my other quilts are homemade (by me). I just couldn't seem to get a winter under quilt made because of medical problems I'm having right now, so I ordered one...

I went with a 60" long quilt rated at 0 degrees. I've tried shorter quilts and they work fine for me in higher temps. But when those temps go down below 20 degrees, I don't want anything shifting around and causeing me a cold spot. I'd rather just have a quilt that was long enough to begin with to keep my feet warm and toasty all night. (I tend to roll and flop around in the hammock all night and things would get out of alignment). My thinking was to just have to carry my under quilt and my top quilt (both winter quilts) and not need extra wool blankets or liners or a pad between the hammock layers. I do carry a small sit pad with me on all hiking trips (actually on all trips) and will use it as extra insulation inside the hammock if I need it.

I'm hoping this new under quilt will actually reduce the amount of extra insulation that I normally carry. I wont know until I get it and start testing it.

Good luck choosing your new quilt...

TinaLouise

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    not sure if you ordered yet, but thought i'd throw out the teaser that i can do a hot pink quilt. they're pretty sexy. photo:

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    not sure if you ordered yet, but thought i'd throw out the teaser that i can do a hot pink quilt. they're pretty sexy. photo:
    I've gotta admit that my heart did skip a beat when I looked at that photo

TinaLouise

Hammock
    WBBB, Traveler
    Tarp
    Camo MJ w/ doors
    Insulation
    Sniveler, Nest, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle

All my favorite discs for golf are that color!

Quote Originally Posted by te-wa View Post
    Yep that's been my new favorite color for my disc golf discs for awhile now cuz I rarely loose one! But I sometimes go out backpackin by myself or go w just other women and stealth is definitely the name of the game. I like to be able to be hanging out 40' from the trail and never be seen. I don't usually have anything other than olive, black,brown ext-tho I am sporting a hunter Orange buff right now for hunting season. But you are correct that is quite sexy.

Hammock
    WBBB, Traveler
    Tarp
    Camo MJ w/ doors
    Insulation
    Sniveler, Nest, HG
    Suspension
    Webbing and buckle
    How much longer do you guys think my uq would need to be to cover my footbox area of my bb. Say I'm 5' 8"

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast