Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I actually sewed some on my UQ (another brand), as it kept slipping off the bottom in the middle of the night. I'd either be getting cold toes or a cold shoulder.

This is all the more reason I'll be getting an Incubator soon.

I just wish that the hammock manufacturers got with the idea and sewed in corresponding loops about every 8" down their hammocks. Then I could use little biners or ties to attach.

I sewed them onto my WBBBs and my Switchback, but they really need to be sewn in from the start. I would be willing to pay another $25 to have them sewn in & reinforced (like tarp tie outs) on the outside edges of my hammocks!

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottybdiving View Post
    I use them to bundle everthing like a cocoon. Then I stuff it all in a syl drysack or my backpack. There are probably many uses for them.
    That's definitely one of the reasons to use them. We have found very few folks use them or have any need for them, since the Incubator tends to square right up on the person when the proper suspension is used. On the occasion someone needs it, we don't want to run the risk that they go without. The Deep Winter Incubator that Adam took with him likely was looped up over his body because he could only find a summer topquilt to take with him, and figured wrapping that Incubator around him as much as he can could offset the cold temps.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxHiker View Post
    Must be a new addition. My Phoenix only has 4 loops, 2 on either end.
    The Phoenix has always had 4 loops, because it is a shorter and lighter quilt, therefore not needing reinforcement along the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    They are there to help raise the UQ should there be a gap, either because of the design of the hammock (as there are sooo many different ones, including custom (DIY)), or because of just sag in the quilt! You tie some shockcord to the loops and put it over the ridgeline to give a lift to the quilt!

These aren't on every quilt, primarily on incubators, because of the length of the quilt!

I may be WAY wrong on this though, JMO!
    You're right on the money, Cranky Bear!

They match perfectly with the loops on my Switchback- biner them together and there's no slip whatsoever. Perfect pairing.

The incubator has one of the loops in the perfect spot to tie the WBBB net tie out to the loop down by the footbox. It keeps the incubator up on the footbot without any worries..
    I have tried the incubator on my Switchback, WBBB, Traveler, and GT's and it fits perfect on all of them... I will try it on my Lite Owl tomorrow night but I am sure it will be perfect on that one as well.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I was happy to stumble across this. Having just ordered a incubator i was thinking about how i hang my jrb. The HR has a string down near knee hight. I use it to keep the foot box from popping out. Holds the hammock in.. I will also like the feature of nudging it up more.

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    Those loops and a shock cord across the ridge line keep the back of my legs toasty. I can adjust the shock cord tension from inside the hammock for a perfect fit every time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12