Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension

Wilderness Logics TQ "XXL" & King Sized

In a prior thread I posted about ordering the Wilderness Logics King sized top quilt, “Now that’s Customer Service". While I loved the quality of the King sized quilt, I had to ask Marty to make me something a bit larger. I needed more room for my legs and a bit more room around the waist and chest.
    Marty asked me about what size I needed, and after forwarding the specs I thought may work; he sent me a demo liner to try out (see other post for that pic). I measured the King sized quilt I originally ordered, and added a side by side comparison to what I needed.

The WL King sized quilt has 14 ounces of down stuffing, 2 more than most other companies offer. The “XXL “ quilt has 16 ounces of 800+ down, and fits my bigger frame perfectly!!! Slept in it Last night (42 Degrees) and was in love! I’m 6’1”, 280+. I wear a 52 jacket tailor cut to XL size in the waist, and 40-42 slacks. Here is the “XXL” measurements beside the King sized quilt.

I took the liberty of taking photos and weighing the King sized quilt from WL, I have side by sides of the King sized TQ and the new, larger, XXL sized quilt. Below are ounces and pounds of both.

Pics beside a Nalgene bottle and a "smoosh" pic. The stuff sacks are the same size (though photos look different), and weigh less than one ounce each.

For the bigger fellas out there, this is the ticket! If you guys are interested in a roomier TQ or one that fits, the quality and size of the XXL WL TQ is killer. Ask Marty at Wilderness Logics about the XXL. I'm not sure what they are gonna call it, but if there is a market for it, I'm sure they may place them on the site for sale!!!!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Brick, you and I are about twins in the size department... Sounds like the XXL is the ticket. Ill look forward to more results as the temps drop.

Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension
    Opie,
    I swear this is the first time I'm actually looking forward to winter! I walked past the beer cooler at a gas station today thinking, "could I get away with that? I wonder what the temp is in there?". Thats when I realized, I have issues!

Hammock
    BIAS XL Camper, ENO DN
    Tarp
    12x10 WL tarp
    Insulation
    Junebug quilts
    Suspension
    WS, TH, ET
    Images
    We all have issues. That's what makes this forum so much fun. We get to say things like that and someone else well go " dang I should have thought of that" or "been there done that". Besides reading every story and what not is easier then going to meetings
    Life looks better from a BIAS hammock.

Hammock
    HH Custom & WBBB
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logic
    Suspension
    Web Suspension
    Ok folks, I finally got to take a day off and get a bit of fresh air! My girlfriend and I spent a few days in Nashville Indiana to check out the portion of Hoosier National forest that rests near Brown County (Christmas Shopping). Weather was perfect! I think the temp dropped to 36-38, we had a big heavy frost on the ground come morning. Still not 20’s yet, and pics were in the late morning, but the quilt rocks! Marty did a killer job! All of my purchases from Wilderness logics have been delivered quick, and in top notch quality. For those whom haven’t read my other posts, I’m a big guy, over 280 pounds and 6’1” tall. I wear a 52 jacket in the shoulders, but need to have the waist tailored closer to an XL.

The reason I make a note of my size again is for the Top Quilt comparison. I’ve posted pics above and below as to how big this quilt really is. Plenty of comfort room for a fella my size! I also mention my size because the hammock in the photos is a Hennessy SAFARI! Yup, the BIG one! So please keep that in mind as you read on.

I picked up the Wilderness Logics Lazy Slug Tubes “SLT’s” from another forum member to give em a try. They are similar to Snake Skins from HH, but larger, design for the entire kit. The only thing I didn’t place in the tubes was my WL Big Daddy Tarp. Didn’t want it mixed in with my dry goods if it was damp. The picture below shows the HH Safari, WL XXL down Top Quilt, WL Full Length down Under quilt, and a WL synthetic Pillow, all wrapped inside the Silnylon LST! The tubes make packing into my sleeping bag compartment a breeze! Since the tubes are Silnylon, it’s a good idea to leave a bit of room at the tie off points at the end for air to move. This way, things compress easier.

Here are the tubes slid back. I like the fact the Silnylon tubes have an adjustable line and cord locks on each end. Being much larger than “Snakeskins”, the LST’s can each be used as a waterproof pouch for gear at the end of the hammock when not deployed. Perfect for keeping clothing dry all night!

Here is a shot of the HH Safari (Lots of Mods, see 49$ HH DIY bug net post), with the netting pulled back. My girlfriend crawled into the hammock to keep the wind from flipping things around, it swallowed her up! Yep, that’s a full length UQ. It just looks short because the dang hammock is so big!

I on the other hand, make the Safari look a bit smaller.  And people wonder why big guys have a hard time getting comfortable in the woods!?!

The last few shots show the quilts size, me about as comfortable as a bug in a rug, my view of the fall sky, and a shot of the TQ with a Sobe drink bottle for comparison (it was all I had). Heck, we didn’t plan on roughing it, I was wearing jeans! I think the longest trail was only three miles. So we found a spot by the lake and just relaxed!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    nice rig Brickx! beautiful country and awesome TQ. it looks like you have lots of wiggle room and the fleece bib tucked under the chin is pure luxury.
    i'm a big fan of Lasy Slugs, i've been using mine for about a year now. they cut down pack and set-up time by at least 30%.
    good report and congratulations!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I am inch taller but same wieght so that is good to know that that TQ will fit me too. Us tall big guys do have problems finding gear that fits.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Dbl
    Tarp
    Etowah
    Insulation
    WL XXL TQ, WL UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Brickwurx,
    Thanks for posting this. I just found the thread. Thinking this is the TQ for me at 6' and 285+.

One question: do you have a wider UQ or do the ones around 45 inches work fine? Thanks.

Gator

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just ordered one of Wilderness Logics XXL TQ's based on Brick's recommendation. I'll also post my info and review when I get it. Hope to hang with it in the snowy woods of the North here next month. I added an additional 6oz. of down fill to mine, which I am hoping gets me down to around the 0 degree mark (Farenheit). I also asked for the foot box to me shorter (from the bottom to where the "Y" split starts, as I am a bit squirmy and don't like the feeling of a mummy bag type situation around my legs. Looking forward to letting you folks know how it works out!
    2new2hang

I know not how to aid you, save in the assurance of one of mature age, and much severe experience, that you can not fail, if you resolutely determine, that you will not.

Abraham Lincoln
    --July 22, 1860

• + New Posts