Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Senior Member jerzybears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Hammock
    Hennessy explorer/Mod4
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    496
    Images
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    As the wife and friends get up early to go shopping on Black Friday this year, I'll be getting up early and heading to Washington Monument Park, MD. From there it's a short 6 mile hike North on the AT to Black Rock Cliffs where I'll set up, build a fire, read a book and enjoy the day.

    I plan on reaching the parking lot at Washington Monument Park around 8-8:30 am. There is ample, free parking there. Then head on up the trail.

    If you have the time and inclination, come on out. Great views from the cliffs there and Annapolis Rocks, which we'll pass on the way.
    My husband Russ and I could be interested in this hang!! How many days? Just black friday?? We could have friday AND saturday for this.
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

    I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

  2. #12
    Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    1,808
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzybears View Post
    My husband Russ and I could be interested in this hang!! How many days? Just black friday?? We could have friday AND saturday for this.
    I was just going for the Friday. Leaving the parking lot at 8:30 am, 6 mile hike. Plenty of time to set up and enjoy the area. Sleep in Saturday morning, slowly make my way home.

    Edit: I could be persuaded to stay Saturday night, if others were going to be there. Let me know!
    Last edited by Joey; 11-14-2011 at 23:09.

  3. #13
    Senior Member uncle_ray_ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    DIY-900 down UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie-
    Posts
    260
    Images
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I was just going for the Friday. Leaving the parking lot at 8:30 am, 6 mile hike. Plenty of time to set up and enjoy the area. Sleep in Saturday morning, slowly make my way home.

    Edit: I could be persuaded to stay Saturday night, if others were going to be there. Let me know!
    I plan on attending. I'm flexible, possibly the decision could be made Saturday morning wether we remain or return home.

  4. #14
    Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    1,808
    Images
    51
    Simple enough,,, I'll pack food for 2 days.

    There are options in this area. We could stay at Black Rocks, move over to Annapolis Rocks, or go back past Washington Monument to Rocky Run Shelter area. Just throwin' that out there.

    I love how ideas and things just bloom and grow on this site!

  5. #15
    New Member grumpy ol tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Herndon, Va
    Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    web,biners
    Posts
    41
    Is there room for one more? Like Uncle Ray Ray, I would be starting later and would access the trail head at route 40.

  6. #16
    Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    1,808
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyT View Post
    Is there room for one more? Like Uncle Ray Ray, I would be starting later and would access the trail head at route 40.
    Always room for more. The woods is full of trees to hang from! Glad to have more happy hangers come out!

    There's a sign for Black Rock Cliffs right on the AT. We should be somewhere right around there Friday afternoon. Pretty easy to locate the bunch of us. Especially me with my orange hammock, orange UQ, orange whoopies, orange Dutch Clip, and orange Dutch Biner. :-)
    Last edited by Joey; 11-15-2011 at 19:20.

  7. #17
    Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    1,808
    Images
    51
    I have the AT Map for Maryland, as well as the recent AT guide that I'll be bringing along. This should help in exploring the area and deciding where to hang for Saturday.

    I'm also bringing Dejoha's Hammock Guide book. Lots of topic for discussion and sharing!

  8. #18
    Senior Member RedBeardHanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Hammock
    eno DN(Daily)/Pro(BU,Gear), Snipe
    Tarp
    Cuben DIYw/beak
    Insulation
    15*Bag/20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    517
    I wasn’t planning on bringing my dog but are they allowed? For this trip and in general in the area...? Koda shredded her good winter jacket so she’s not gonna be making any real cold trips anytime soon. lol

  9. #19
    Senior Member uncle_ray_ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB superfly
    Insulation
    DIY-900 down UQ-TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie-
    Posts
    260
    Images
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I have the AT Map for Maryland, as well as the recent AT guide that I'll be bringing along. This should help in exploring the area and deciding where to hang for Saturday.

    I'm also bringing Dejoha's Hammock Guide book. Lots of topic for discussion and sharing!
    Would you happen to have the UTM coordinates for the location?

  10. #20
    Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    1,808
    Images
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeardWrangler View Post
    I wasn’t planning on bringing my dog but are they allowed? For this trip and in general in the area...? Koda shredded her good winter jacket so she’s not gonna be making any real cold trips anytime soon. lol
    Dogs are allowed in this area. I expect the temps to be cold next week. So far things look clear - no rain. But the temps will be 53F-35F from what the forecast calls (looking at Boonsboro, MD - we'll be a bit higher in elevation, so expect a bit cooler temps)

Similar Threads

  1. Black Friday - I was bad :D
    By Lofty in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 15:06
  2. SOLD: El MINI,Black Rock,Murmur,Black Diamond
    By Mr.Tattoo in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 15:43
  3. Black Friday
    By thorwren in forum Hammock Gear
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 22:16
  4. Black Friday
    By Steve D in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 09:32
  5. Black Friday hang at Black Rock Cliffs
    By Joey in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 13:46

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •