Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images

Great family vacation idea with hammock value

Jamestown .... The first perminent English colony in North America... The birthplace of USA as we know it today will is celebrating it 400th Anniversary this year... 1607-2007... America's Quadricennial... Jamestowne historical site and the Jamestown Settlement a recreated site with the closest Powahatan Indian village, replicas of the three ships that brought the colonists and a full size, accurate receated James Fort all staffed with costume interpreters are open all year and putting on a super show.

Jamestown, Colonial Williamsburg, and Yorktown (The Historic Triangle) are all connected by the National Parks Service Colonial Parkway which covers about 40 miles, 75 percent of which is along either the beautiful James and the York Rivers....

Bush Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country USA are both less that 2 miles off the Colonial Parkway also....

Tons of Hotels, time shares in the area, and a camp ground adjacent to Jamestown Settlement ....Many military bases in the area with guest houses also....incl, Fort Story, with big, on the beach, MWR facilities, at the entrance to the Chesapeake Bay on the Atlantic Ocean, less than an hours drive.

And.... Drum roll, please, Jacks 'R' Better LLC, is less than 400 yards off the Colonial parkway exit between Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg.

So... Bring the Family, make them all happy... Call ahead to JRB, to coordinate your visit... We have busy, but flexible schedules; and if possible, we will work to see you all...Do plan to stop by... You can check out many hammock styles... all manor of quilts and hammock gear... and a large number of stoves and other pieces and types of ultra light weight gear....Hammocking and Ultra light spoken here.

Visit while you family is enjoying the sights above....or ... plan an early evening stop with them....Your wife, girl friend and or teen age daughters can get a complimentary Mary Kay pampering/make-over facial, from Peter Pan's wife, while you are doing all things hammock....Then go out for the evening with your gorgeous women folk.... Hint, if you take this approach be sure to make appropriate compliments... You'll score a lot of points...

For the survivalist and true outdoorsman... Peter Pan interprets in the Powahtan Indian Village at JS on Thursday mornings, as a professional Flint Knapper... learn how to make the arrow heads, stone knives and razors...On a great day we will use these tools to skin, butch and cook Bear, deer, or fish, often there is fleshing, tanning, cooking, cord making, basket making, pottery making, arrow or bow making, canoe making, trade demostrations, planting/farming going on according to the seasons.... Plus the English Ship activities and daily life in and around the Fort activities to round out the experiance... Many are hands on opportunity for young children.

And , yes historically some of the English used hammocks on the ships coming over.

Ya'll come.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    Jacks 'R' Better LLC is less than 400 yards off the Colonial parkway exit between Jamestown and Colonial Williamsburg
    Man, I wish I'd known that a couple of months ago....I was at William and Mary for a physics conference...I definitely would have stopped in
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Fort Story

I have good memories from the early 70's of the Wednesday Ladies night at the O'Club on the beach. Good bands, big beach, beautiful food, cold beer and hot women - it doesn't get much better. Or was it hot food and beautiful women?

I was spending some time with my uncle at Eustis.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    I went to Col Williamsburg many moons ago, and LOVED it!

Now that I have kids, I would like VERY much to take them there.

The tables are turned here......I would be the one interested in the hammock stuff and primitive skills.

I don't know if my husband would care for the facial too much, but I know with all the good eats in that area, he'd be happy pigging out, then napping...

Perkolady

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    man, that sounds great... especially w/ the primitive skills & all the authentic recreations of that time period!
    it's been a while since i've given much thought to going some where other than camping, but i'm going to keep that in mind.
    plus, it would be exciting to see the JRB set-up!
    thanks jack.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Sounds like a cool summer vacation for the annual family trip. Be careful what you ask for though Jack....I have two little girls that would have to go with mom to get mad over too! BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Images
    oops....meant made over. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

• + New Posts