Thread: CRL use

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    WBSF, MacCat STD
    Insulation
    PLUQ w/Thermarest

CRL use

MAC25 started a thread in the weather protection forum asking for advice on hanging his SF tarp. A lot of the conversation discussed the use of the CRL and whether to use it over or under the tarp. Although not recommended, I do use a CRL under my SF tarp. As hawkhangar mentioned, one of the primary reasons I rig the tarp this way is to give me a place to hang things.

The question is, for folks that don't use a CRL under the tarp, what is your preferred method of drying/storing items off the ground and out of the weather?

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by ne_hanger View Post
    MAC25 started a thread in the weather protection forum asking for advice on hanging his SF tarp. A lot of the conversation discussed the use of the CRL and whether to use it over or under the tarp. Although not recommended, I do use a CRL under my SF tarp. As hawkhangar mentioned, one of the primary reasons I rig the tarp this way is to give me a place to hang things.

The question is, for folks that don't use a CRL under the tarp, what is your preferred method of drying/storing items off the ground and out of the weather?
    Hammock suspension or ridgeline.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The tarp ridgeline is merely a way to suspend the tarp - I don't consider it a responsible way to hang gear because you're not using straps (presumably) and that weight will cut into the bark of the tree. I hang boatloads of stuff off my hammock ridgeline - pack, wet clothes, and everything else.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge db layer 1.1
    Tarp
    DIY 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Suspension
    amsteel/tree strap
    I started off using a CRL over the tarp but found that I got a tighter set up with it under the tarp. I also discovered how handy it was for hanging things from...

I've always used tree straps for both the hammock AND the tarp because I obviously missed the class where NOT using a tree strap for the tarp was discussed....

I like using them for the tarp, it's just easier for me and I never have to worry about tension on the CRL or damaging the trees.

• + New Posts