Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    After reading this thread, so far:

There are two pieces of cognitive dissonance when you go to

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/BMBH.htm

at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere:

First: You look at the picture of the beautiful bridge crossing the Hudson, and you recall a lifetime of signs, warning "Bridge freezes before roads" .

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Seems all other roads freeze before the JRB BMBH does. No warmer place to be. (Not to mention, there's no sliding toward the middle either.)

Second bit of cognitive dissonance, or disappointment, going to the bottom of that page, after reading this thread, is this sign in bright yellow:

TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK
    Really, what does that have to do with BillyBob's questions/observations? Do you have any bridge experience to offer? Anything that could remotely advance this thread?

Your reply seems to be an unneeded attack on the Jack's.

I am so
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    After reading this thread, so far:

There are two pieces of cognitive dissonance when you go to

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/BMBH.htm

at this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere:

First: You look at the picture of the beautiful bridge crossing the Hudson, and you recall a lifetime of signs, warning "Bridge freezes before roads" .
    funny, but very applicable to our hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    The BMBH is the best hammock in my opinion for someone doesn't have wide shoulders, can sleep with their arms behind their head, or likes to be cuddled tightly by their hammock. It's warm, and flat. Easy enough to hang and putting your Mt. Washington quilt on it is effortless.
    I guess I have fairly wide shoulders. Size 45 coat is not loose on me. ( 6'1", 212 lb) I need extra large jackets, large is too tight. And yes, I would prefer some extra shoulder room in the BMBH. But that would come with the price of wider spreader bars and probably worse tarp/bar conflict, and I'm not sure it is worth it. Worse case scenario for me is flat on my back. With arms at my side, this is not comfortable. But I never sleep that way in a bed anyway. If I cross my arms across my chest or abdomen, sort of like at home in bed but a smidgeon more crossed, all I am aware of is the hammock edges barely in contact with my shoulders. Really not a problem. In my fav BMBH position, turned about 10% towards side position with my back resting against the lower hammock side, no shoulder issues whatsoever. And of course, same with full side position or rotated slightly past side position towards stomach pos. No shoulder issues with any of these, and only minor( actually I quickly forget about it) flat on my back.

The only negative that I can't get around is I can't draw my long legs way up into fetal. Only slight to moderate fetal. But this has not proved to be a problem in actual use, though it might be for someone else. EDIT: It took me a long time to get used to this hammock, but the more I have used it, the more it's positives have grown on me.

But it sure works good with it's UQ, and my TQ( subject of this thread) even seems to work better in this hammock. An opinion now being backed up by other Bridge users here!

But enough of that. If I can get past my wife's honeydo list, I need to go play with the BMBH and my brand new MW3 CONVERTIBLE collectors edition which just arrived this morning! WhooHoooo! Got to see how that "short" MW3 is suspended!(and wondering if I will have to rig anything?)
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 11-05-2011 at 11:11.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    Really, what does that have to do with BillyBob's questions/observations? Do you have any bridge experience to offer? Anything that could remotely advance this thread?

Your reply seems to be an unneeded attack on the Jack's.

I am so
    Well, I guess I am naive(sp?), I didn't even see it as an attack, but that he was actually saying that when it comes to a BMBH with MWUQ there is "No warmer place to be". EDIT: Esecially as he seemed to express disappointment that it was "out of stock". And I of course agree about the warmth, relative to hammocks in general, with the major competitor for that title being a PeaPod. But was that instead just sarcasm?
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 11-05-2011 at 11:13.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Hi all,

All in all this is a constructive thread... Glad to see the discussion.

Like some of you and others, we also hate to see "Temporarily out of stock" ...

FWI...JRB maintains well over $100,000 in inventory that enables our on the shelf and out the the door, "same or next day shipping" business plan...It is the heart of our commitment to customer service.

But...We simple have not been able to keep the JRB Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock in stock...This year alone we have raised production, initially 50%, then added an additional full run, and currently have full double production run in production...

The good news we expect to be back in stock and shipping BMBH by Thanksgiving.

Pan

PS...I overheard some elfs talking about a new BMBH related product that hopefully will be availabe as a last minute "stocking stuffer".
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    My BMBH is the moxt draft-free sleep this side of my bed at home. My Nest underneath fits OHHHHHHHHHHHH so well!

Like others have said, a little wider and a little lighter .... and it would be perfect.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12