SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images

Pic as promised!
    Backyard test hang.
    Incubator 20 degree on WBBB. My daughter got in the BB while I was tweaking the suspension. She kept commenting on the warmth!
    Down to 27 degrees tonight. I will tweak my clothing to see what I need to hike with this new rig.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies, ASR
    Great looking UQ! I ordered mine a week ago today with +1oz fill. Really looking forward to it's arrival.

Hammock
    All of them.
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season,Cuben
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Incubator underquilt

I got to test out my new 0* incubator this weekend. Not only is it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, but it works great too.

Gear: ENO hammock, 0* incubator, REI ultralight 20* down sleeping bag. I wore long johns, a lightweight wool hat and two pairs of socks (because my feet always get cold when I sleep). OES 4 season tarp.

Friday night the low was 20* with a light breeze. I pitched the tarp low with the doors mostly closed. I was toasty warm, but I would get cold spots under my feet and legs if I moved. Found out that I didn't have the UQ snugged up tightly enough. Easy fix though since the quilt comes with a lot of adjustability with built-in shock cord and toggles.

Saturday night I moved my campsite. Set the tarp up even lower since I was right on the shore of a lake and the breeze was blowing across it. Low temp was about 25* and I had absolutely no problem staying warm (I was actually too warm at times. Probably should have taken off the hat, but it keeps my sleeping bag clean.). Slept like a baby for over 10 hours.

I have no doubt that this quilt will keep me warm down to its 0* rating. Adam and Jenny have an awesome product here and incredible customer service!

I haven't downloaded my camera yet, so I'll post photos later.

Hammock
    All of them.
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season,Cuben
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Here are some photos of the incubator.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    I just received my Incubator here at work. I am sure I looked like a kid at Christmas to my coworkers! BTW- My new Mora knife arrived at the same time.

THX to Hammock Gear- they knew I had a hike coming up and made it happen for me! Above and Beyond!

Yet another happy customer!

I know....Pics are coming!
    Thanks SoundMan, you are quite welcome. I am glad you like you new toy(s). We love happy customers!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    Another great day when gear arrives in the mail! Awesome choices - love my HG gear.
    Thorwren and I truly thank you for the kind words Mr. 360

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    Hope you didn't use teh Mora knife to open the package from Hammock Gear. That would have been a disaster!

That Hammock Gear is something else, isn't it? The crows do a great job. Enjoy!
    Good call, those moras are sharp little beasts. Handle them wisely. We also do repairs....

Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    They really are great people to work with. Top notch products, top notch service, and all around top notch people. Thanks for being so great Adam and Jenny.
    And to you Mr. Kukri, thank YOU for being one of the nicest people to work with. (Takes hat off and executes a deep bow)

Quote Originally Posted by adkphoto View Post
    Same here!

I let Adam and Jenny know that I had a trip coming up this weekend and they got an incubator to me well in advance!

Beautiful piece of work! I can't wait to use it (gonna be cold out tonight!) and give the full report with pictures.

Peace,

David
    Thank YOU david for the great photo. Mind if we add it to the site?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrederik View Post
    I received my burrow top quilt last night at the house. I am very pleased with it. I didn't take it outside yet, but I did use it on the couch. It is very comfortable, and well made.

My only complaint is that I never got any shipping confirmation, so I had no idea it was coming. I would never have made dinner plans had I known it was waiting for me on the door step!

Very nice work. I will be ordering an under quilt now.
    LOL, sorry about the shipping confirmation thing. We are using a new shipping software and it REALLY wants us to use Microsoft Outlook to handle our mail....which we do NOT want to do. Anyway, we are playing with a few work-arounds but in the meantime, we still miss a few.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post

Pic as promised!
    Backyard test hang.
    Incubator 20 degree on WBBB. My daughter got in the BB while I was tweaking the suspension. She kept commenting on the warmth!
    Down to 27 degrees tonight. I will tweak my clothing to see what I need to hike with this new rig.
    Let me know if you have any issues. At those temperatures it would only be a matter of adjustment to dial it in for your style of hanging. Thanks again buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by adkphoto View Post
    I got to test out my new 0* incubator this weekend. Not only is it a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, but it works great too.

Gear: ENO hammock, 0* incubator, REI ultralight 20* down sleeping bag. I wore long johns, a lightweight wool hat and two pairs of socks (because my feet always get cold when I sleep). OES 4 season tarp.

Friday night the low was 20* with a light breeze. I pitched the tarp low with the doors mostly closed. I was toasty warm, but I would get cold spots under my feet and legs if I moved. Found out that I didn't have the UQ snugged up tightly enough. Easy fix though since the quilt comes with a lot of adjustability with built-in shock cord and toggles.

Saturday night I moved my campsite. Set the tarp up even lower since I was right on the shore of a lake and the breeze was blowing across it. Low temp was about 25* and I had absolutely no problem staying warm (I was actually too warm at times. Probably should have taken off the hat, but it keeps my sleeping bag clean.). Slept like a baby for over 10 hours.

I have no doubt that this quilt will keep me warm down to its 0* rating. Adam and Jenny have an awesome product here and incredible customer service!

I haven't downloaded my camera yet, so I'll post photos later.
    Great job figuring out the adjustments in the field. As much as I have tried to shape the quilt to the user, it can still be a challenge to keep those winter quilts up nice and tight. If you find that you can not keep it from sagging, just utilize those loops that are along the long edge. Attaching a cord to them and throwing it over the ridgeline to connect with the opposite loop can really do the trick. I have a few more things up my sleeve to make those winter weight quilts stay up nice....stay tuned....

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Images
    Test Hang was a success. Temps down to the upper 20's. Gauging from the warmth factor I believe I can comfortably push this rig into the upper teens.

Greg

Hammock
    All of them.
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season,Cuben
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post

Thank YOU david for the great photo. Mind if we add it to the site?

~Stormcrow

Help yourself!

David

Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    They really are great people to work with. Top notch products, top notch service, and all around top notch people. Thanks for being so great Adam and Jenny.
    +19

Can't say enough good things about them. Absolutely unbelievable.

Congrats on your new gear buddy

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    So if i say Adam I've got a trip in less than 2 weeks magic will happen?
    OK, Adam its the Big South Fork in 2 weeks!

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing

The package arrived at my parents house today, thanks for the awesome turnaround in time for the hunting trip! Good thing Luke doesn't chew things up (other than 2X4's lol) or I'd have a LOT of down flying in the wind today. I'm pretty sure the mail lady just threw the package out her car window, she's not too fond of the sweet little puppy.

Will post reviews and pics when I get back! Can't thank you all enough.
    oldgringo's reply to my worrying about owning extra hammocks:

How many pairs of underwear do you own? Do you refer to them as "extras", simply because you're not wearing all of them as we speak?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast