Hey all,

I have been doing a little work at the Hammock Camping article at Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammock_camping ).

It is still in a sort of infancy form (most articles at WP are). I have recently nominated it for Good Article status and sadly, though not surprisingly, it failed. I doubt there are any articles that achieved GA on their first nomination.

One of the things that we need are good 'hard' references. I have included Ed Speer's "Hammock Camping (2003)" and now Derek Hansen's "The Ultimate Hang (An Illustrated Guide To Hammock Camping)" as well as a reference to hammock camping by Baden-Powell in "Young Knights of the Empire" (1917).

What I am looking for is a few (or a lot) more articles or book references (preferably not web-based as these are not always well cited as relating to research standards). So for example, if you were reading a trade magazine which had a good mention of Hammock Camping and its share of the recreational market, or even a historical mention of how the Dutch (the people not the guru) used Hammocks for winter camping, please send it along.

And if there are any WPers here please drop into the talk/discussion page if you'd like to help out.

Thanks all!