Wow just a little bit of love and loth for the ember. I've done some more research on the ember and I think a 3/4 quilt from Wilderness Logic is going to be in my gear closet soon.
My wife has an ember and she loves it.
* It covers you from head to toe, unlike some of the other under-quilts (not including the pea-pod)
* it is a synthetic which after getting wet one trip she will NOT do down
* it can snap around you (like the pea-pod)
* it has a virtual wind proof barrier
* It is cheaper then almost all of the under-quilts sold and it is a decent product.
Weight to warmth ratio is not as good as down
Overall I would recommend the product if you like the pros and don't mind the cons. The warmest and best, IMHO, is the pea-pod but that is over $300 if I remember right.
Picked one of these up at the Canoecopia Show in Madison, WI In early March. Tried it once while setting up the hammocks at a local park. Definetely a difference in warmth. Will be trying it out overnight in the near future. Seems to be built well, and was definetely warm.