Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Grumpy View Post
    @simonMc,

It's nice to see that you are starting to get a bit more stock on your web site; but frankly if you are going to blow your own trumpet... the least you can do is be honest and up-front about what you are doing.... ie; blatant self-promotion...

I read your post earlier in the day when in it's original and complete form. Looks like you have edited it or been censored?? Fair enough too.

I'm looking for specific products... If you carry in stock what I'm looking for and your price is right, I may order from you... But I'm not going to go chasing after you... You'll need to find a way to keep me up to date of 'developments', news, etc...............
    I am not sure what you read earlier but that post has not been edited, it is how it was written by me originally. I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to myself - poor use of humour perhaps.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    I don't believe it's been mentioned yet, but www.topvaluefabrics.com had the best price on 1.9 ripstop and netting that I could find.....but you have to buy in bulk.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I Also have had great experiances with DIYgeartsupply
    http://diygearsupply.com/ ...

Sites selling outdoor fabric

Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    I am not sure what you read earlier but that post has not been edited, it is how it was written by me originally. I thought it was pretty clear that I was referring to myself - poor use of humour perhaps.
    Perhaps it's a quirk of Tapatalk? I don't know???

The URL link to your website was in the post earlier today.... but is now not visible- that's what I call an 'edit'... Definitely not there now!!

But, maybe it's Tapatalk- stranger things have happened.... Here's a screenshot...

Anyway, back to the topic...

Has anyone got any other good suggestions for Cuben Fibre suppliers?? : ear
    Last edited by Ol Grumpy; 11-05-2013 at 09:07.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    As a refresher, The Ultimate Hang list appears to be recently updated. Several DIY references.

Images
    Ol Grumpy - I think you will find Tapatalk is the culprit there not me.

Anyway of the overseas suppliers of Cuben Zpacks probably is the most prolific user and they would be the cheapest, though postage can be expensive when you get above 3metres ordered, from memory.

Hammock
    Double-Layer 11'
    Tarp
    Realtree w/ doors
    Insulation
    TQ - UGQ, UQ - DIY
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I should've posted here a while ago, but oh well . I wanted to mention www.ripstopbytheroll.com and quickly introduce myself. There is an intro thread in the vendor section, so I'll keep it short (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=82965).

My name is Kyle and the basic premise behind ripstopbytheroll is to cater to the DIY guy, hobbyist, and cottage vendor by offering DIY fabrics at bargain wholesale prices with NO ORDER MINIMUM. We're able to do this by specializing in select DIY fabrics and processing/shipping in bulk ~once a week. As long as you can wait a couple days, you will save $$ on your DIY fabric purchases. I've also personally touched and in most cases sewn gear out of the fabrics that we offer.

I love talking with customers, so if you have a minute, check it out and let us know what you think. If you have colors/fabrics that you'd like to see, don't hesitate to tell us. We currently carry several varieties of ripstop, including SILNYLON, with an expanding selection to come in the next few weeks!
    - Kyle

www.RipstopbytheRoll.com | "The Best Fabrics on Earth. Guaranteed."

Hammock
    11 ft Dutch
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    3 season New River
    Suspension
    Straps, Whoopies
    Images
    I dont know if this is the best place for this info, but here goes. I just ordered from tableclothsfactory.com and it was cheaper through their mobile website then their standard website. I dont know how long this will last but if anyone is thinking about doing some tablecloth hammocks you can save a little money this way.

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    SADF Groundsheets
    Insulation
    None - YET
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    I managed to finally track down a local (i.e. South African) company that manufactures lightweight materials for the parachuting and paragliding industry. Could I ask someone who knows a lot more than I do (ahem, @ripstopbytheroll) possibly check out their range and advise as to what fabrics to get for a hammock and tarp?

www.gelvenor.co.za

Pretty please?

There is an aliexpress seller who I can recommend. Bilboa camping, they mostly do Silnylon, but also ripstop and non ripstop fabrics. Communication is good, shipping is free.

Actually their standard 40D silpoly is probably the best price you can find, 4$ per meter

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/all-...s/1112912.html
    Last edited by FredL; 03-25-2016 at 01:02.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast