Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93
  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maple, Ontario
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL W/ ADJ RL
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben Hex CTRL
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    1/8 Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    57
    Images
    10
    Rattlesnake is my backyard.

    I'm working so I won't be able to spend the night, but I should be able to swing by for some environmentally friendly canister tipping, or a quick hike & photos.

  2. #32
    [o]TTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Posts
    669
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWillan View Post
    I believe that this is just a single night hang. Arrive on the 26 and leave on the 27th.

    If you can get out, that would be great. It is always fun to meet new people at group hangs. The more the merrier as the saying goes.

    Cheers

    Brian
    Just to confirm, I've only reservered Saturday night (26th), calling it a "Soiree" because I can only do a "one nighter"!

    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedaxis View Post
    Rattlesnake is my backyard.

    I'm working so I won't be able to spend the night, but I should be able to swing by for some environmentally friendly canister tipping, or a quick hike & photos.
    Its a great scienic hike but you probably already know that , what day will you be coming out Saturday or Sunday??
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

  3. #33
    New Member newmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Drayton, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 70D
    Insulation
    open2suggestions
    Suspension
    Caribiner, Rings
    Posts
    21
    I was really hoping to make it out and meet you all and check out your cold weather rigs. I have family coming that weekend and I will not be able to make it

    Please keep me in the loop on future hangs.

    Thanks

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Maple, Ontario
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL W/ ADJ RL
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben Hex CTRL
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    1/8 Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    57
    Images
    10
    I will swing out Saturday. I'm free all day so I should be able to hike a bit. I'll bring one of the Nikons and see what nature provides us picture opportunity wise. Never been there this late in the year. I typically take the mutts there on the weekend for a walk at least once a month during the summer.

    I can bring some Newfie steak too!

    I am working Sunday morning ~ butt-crack-dawn-early, so I shouldn't ****** to a full night... *shouldn't*

  5. #35
    Senior Member BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    2,009
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by newmike
    I was really hoping to make it out and meet you all and check out your cold weather rigs. I have family coming that weekend and I will not be able to make it

    Please keep me in the loop on future hangs.
    Just keep your eyes open in the trip planning area. The next hang will likely be a winter hang in January or February 2012.


    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedaxis View Post
    I am working Sunday morning ~ butt-crack-dawn-early, so I shouldn't ****** to a full night... *shouldn't*
    Oh, don't even try to resist the need to test out that custom cuben underquilt you were talking about at the Second Chance Fall Hang. Heck, for you it is literally a backyard hang opportunity.

    See you there.

    Brian

  6. #36
    [o]TTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Posts
    669
    Images
    69
    T'is the Season to go Camping!



    Snowing in Waterloo today...
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

  7. #37
    Chard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Hammock
    HH Exped w DIY ZipMod & WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12' BlackCat
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    1,279
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Distortedaxis View Post
    I will swing out Saturday. I'm free all day so I should be able to hike a bit. I'll bring one of the Nikons and see what nature provides us picture opportunity wise. Never been there this late in the year. I typically take the mutts there on the weekend for a walk at least once a month during the summer.

    I can bring some Newfie steak too!

    I am working Sunday morning ~ butt-crack-dawn-early, so I shouldn't ****** to a full night... *shouldn't*
    I think the question you should ask yourself is Rattlesnake Point on the way to work? If so, then it only makes sense to shorten your morning commute. It's so very rational!!!

    Either way, if you can only make Saturday afternoon/evening then you'll still have fun. I have it on good advice that afternoon naps are the very thing to relax you after a day of hiking!!


    Quote Originally Posted by [o]TTeR View Post
    T'is the Season to go Camping!



    Snowing in Waterloo today...
    Why [o]TTer? Why???
    Last edited by Chard; 11-11-2011 at 13:49.
    Survival is about getting out alive, Bushcraft is about going in to live - Chard (aka Forest-Hobo)

    Upcoming EGL Hangs: tbd. For EGL notifications, subscribe to the EGL Hang Notification Thread
    EGL Trip Reports: Fall 2014 Algonqin: The Year's Last, Loveliest Smile,
    My BushcraftToday Blog

  8. #38
    Senior Member BrianWillan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    2,009
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    Why [o]TTer? Why???
    Oh, come now Chard, you should be used to seeing the fluffy white stuff out on a hang. Besides, you've got your furnace quilt set to keep yourself warm.

    Cheers

    Brian

  9. #39
    Bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Posts
    6,415
    Images
    80
    All Chard needs is his wool sweater and a vest.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

  10. #40
    Senior Member dant8ro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock 12'
    Insulation
    DIY Karo + HG TQ
    Suspension
    AHE Web/Buckles
    Posts
    532
    Images
    1
    and shorts... lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Eastern Great Lakes Hang - Fall 2011 - Autumn in Algonquin
    By Chard in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 10-02-2011, 17:34
  2. Eastern Great Lakes Hang - Spring 2011 - Canoeing into Algonquin
    By Chard in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 00:40
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 20:00
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 09:03

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •