Hammock
    HH, ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    OP nylon thingy
    Insulation
    JRB nest S2S MCII
    Suspension
    treehuggers, rings
    I'm loving these back to the ENO threads! They've got me chomping at the bit to get out and hang in my new DN!

Hammock
    dd hammock
    Tarp
    kelty noah 12
    Insulation
    hg incubator 20
    Suspension
    whoopie!

Talking How much weight will it hold?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytoo View Post
    I am very new to hammocks, so please be kind in your answers. The double are you using it single? How much weight will it hold? What about shoulder room I have very large shoulders? Please be kind I'm an old man and I cry easy.
    My first hammock was an eno dn. I am at the point where you guys were..and am thinking about the WBBB 1.7 dl..but after listening to you guys, I'm not sure now.

I got the eno dn because im a big guy..i just hide it well, and thought that my weight would be a problem. Actualmente, my weight was not even close to a prob (and i weigh over 300). It's not even a problem for a single nest which i use to lounge in the park with. If you're really worried, I'd change the straps for like skinny mountail climbing rope which i use and it's not static (or is it static)..it doesn't stretch and can hold several tons. For shoulder room, the single nest was not tight..but for comfort go with the dn. (oh and they're going to be on sale at rei for like 45 bucks!!!

I have laid on even string net hammocks. I think the most important thing is that you slowly sit down on it and dont just jump in it.

I hope this helps

thanks everyone for posting about the ENO dbl. I am brand new at this and i have been looking extremely hard for a great hammock for my size ( 350 lbs. and 6'2"). i had pretty much decided to go with the ENO for the weight issue and also the relitivly cheap cost. i was worried that it wouldn't be adequate enough for heavy camping use but i am now relieved to hear that this is a great hammock! especially for a Newb!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Suspension
    stock / webbing

Ditching the tent

Although I am not new to camping I decided last week to finally ditch the tent for "hanging". I am 5'11" and weigh 230. I also have wide shoulders and decided to go with the ENO DN. I am happy to read all the positive things about the DN.

I have only done the "I just bought it try it" hang in the back yard using some old webbing and the stock steel biners. Building some whoopieslings and soft shackles when the Amsteel shows up

JB
    West Point, NY

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY hex or winter
    Insulation
    WL 3/4 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks (IGD)
    Images
    I've had my ENO DN for about a year now and finally used it for more than napping. See my post "First Hammock Hang - Success" in the Trip Reports. I finally scrolled down and saw this ENO section. I definitely need to work out my ridge line issues. Mine was loose and then I played with it and made it looser so my bug net was really close to my face. I was thinking about removing the ridge line and clipping the bug net to the tarp ridge line above my head. Any recommendations will be gladly considered.

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    Back to the DN for me too.. It's heavy, but I just can't find or make one as comfortable.

Brand new here, and glad I found this thread on Eno. I found hammock forums firs and was contemplating making my own until I found the deal at REI and bought the DN. No great loss if I don't like hanging, but I am enthusiastic about it. Bought some NoSeum and Amsteel line (SP?) and some silnylon from DIY so I am going to make some of my own. Wanted a larger tarp and longer net than the Eno net and tarp. Now, since I have only one tree in my back yard, I am looking for some aluminum tubing to make a telescoping one pole hammock stand. Any advice on the size tubing I need would sure be appreciated.

Hammock
    RidgeRunner/DoubleNest/DIY Gathered
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/Noah's
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies/Tog
    Got to add my +1 to this thread. I started hammock camping last fall, and like so many noobs, I ran out and bought an ENO DN because they had them in stock at REI, and they were relatively cheap! Then I got on HF and started reading up and pretty quick I had a severe case of hammock envy. All the cool tricked out toys all the other kids had...I was jealous. So, $180 bucks later I had a new toy, just ripe with bells and whistles. Took it out, played with it, layed in it, and finally tried to sleep in it. Then the cruel realization set in...my DN was more comfortable! Buyer's remorse how I loathe thee! The lesson learned here...the Toyota costs a quarter the price of the BMW, will take you any where the BMW will go, and will still be on the road long after the BMW is rusting in the junk yard. Bells and whistles are fun, but after twenty miles on the trail, when you crawl into that thing totally exhausted, you're not going to care one bit about the bells and whistles if you can't sleep.
    My hammock inventory is now up to five. The $180 oops, a DIY gathered end, a WAL Mart special(not a bad backyard hanger for $25 I might add), and two ENO Double Nests. I just picked up the 2nd DN on the sale at REI. I wanted to be able to convert some of my friends, but I wasn't about to give up my own DN, and didn't think that giving them an uncomfortable hammock for their first nights sleep would be the best way to show them the light. Besides, it never hurts to have a back-up in your arsenal!
    Needless to say, whenever the pack hits my back, my DN is on board.
    BTW, I do take the $180 oops out every now and then when I want to show off for the other kids at the playground. Just don't ask me to sleep in it!
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the places I cannot hang,
    Courage to hang in the places I can, (but probably shouldn’t)
    And wisdom to know the difference."

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Love my double, but it's a different point in comparing hmmks with integrated bugnets to the pleasures of parachute nylon open topped style. No argument against it, just different beasts. Eno on!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO HouseFly
    Insulation
    poncho liner
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    I have an ENO DN and love it. Thought about getting some others and trying them, but geez, the thing is so comfortable on campouts that I can't see getting something that may not work. So, I sticking with it!
    "A man's got to know his limitations," Clint Eastwood in Magnum Force

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast