Tarp
    MacCat D/Warbonnet
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaberloonzie View Post
    Springfield XD .45 tactical - 5.5 inch and about as heavy as it gets with the 13+1 mag (only stating for weight comparison) hangs suspended from my ridge line in a suspension holster just fine. I flipped the holster and s - biner it through a piece of 550 cord drilled for the occasion. Push it up the ridge line so I don't bump my head on it and I'm good to go.
    Gaberloonzie,
    I'm trying to picture this, but am finding it difficult. Any pics? No shelf or pockets in my ENO, so I'd probably have to go with sometihing like what you described...if I don't wish to keep mine strapped to my body while sleeping. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Mickey

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Forgot about this one..Would be great off the rl with a prussic.... Mic holster..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Sig Sauer P250 9mm. Where in hammock? I don't know yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm really glad this came up.

Safety is more important to me than anything else. So a hammock system that keeps this as top priority is key for me. I guess that means safe point of aim when stored, secure placement that won't allow the firearm to dislodge. Off my person, I find myself switching positions often through the night in a hammock.

I'm thinking a ridgeline holster, keeping point of aim up would be best for me. I also like the idea of a peak bag style, but I would make it just a holster that connects to the peak with an adjustable strap - I bet it would be easy to build a relatively universal holster that could attach either way - peak or ridgeline. I've got some thoughts that I'll have to put to the sewing machine. I'll share any that actually work.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY 11x11 silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY IXUQ, 0* SB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Images
    But I've give thought to another idea.
    It would be a folded ccf pad that would have the holstered pistol inside it at night.
    It would double as a sit pad & possibly as a stiffener for a backpack. But when sleeping it would serve as part of my knee pillow. I have thought I might have a ripstop, nylon sleeve (or stuff sack) I would but it in for knee pillow mode & add one of the light weight, blow up pillows to add a little thickness.

The gun would be unexposed & yet with in fairly easy reach, whether I'm sleeping on my side or my back.
    Good idea I think for the smaller caliber guns but it'd be like sleeping on a brick for mine and it would make me nervous when moving around at night with the potential of it shifting and that barrel pointing the wrong direction.

Saw Redoleary's video Review of the Gar Quilt yesterday and he threw in a bit about the gear hammock/foot rest (look towards the end of the video for it). Looks like a good potential solution for gun storage to me. Essentially a mini version of a hammock that you suspend above you from your ridgeline. Serves a similar purpose as a ridgeline organizer but would accommodate heavy bulky items better. I bet this could even be suspended side-by-side w/ your hammock for a good storage location (for those w/o bugnets)

Hammock
    ENO DN w/ridgeline
    Tarp
    MacCat D/Warbonnet
    Insulation
    JRB HR&ORM U/TQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopie AiO/DR+TH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Sig Sauer P250 9mm. Where in hammock? I don't know yet, but I've been thinking about it for a while now. I'm really glad this came up.

Safety is more important to me than anything else. So a hammock system that keeps this as top priority is key for me. I guess that means safe point of aim when stored, secure placement that won't allow the firearm to dislodge. Off my person, I find myself switching positions often through the night in a hammock.

I'm thinking a ridgeline holster, keeping point of aim up would be best for me. I also like the idea of a peak bag style, but I would make it just a holster that connects to the peak with an adjustable strap - I bet it would be easy to build a relatively universal holster that could attach either way - peak or ridgeline. I've got some thoughts that I'll have to put to the sewing machine. I'll share any that actually work.
    I don't know about anyone else, but my peak bag ALWAYS ends up swinging wildly outside of my hammock. So for me (in gathered end hammock), I think the RL option is best, if not kept on my person. The options mentioned above seem to be pretty good ones. I might have to get my kydex stuff out and start working on some ideas.

Cheers,
    Mickey

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BigMambaJamba w/po
    Insulation
    3s BM & Incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    My scandium revolver rides in a holster that I clip to the ridgeline. The WBBB storage pocket isn't very usable with the HG incubator snugged up. The ridgeline seems to become a catch-all for things.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    DIY Uglyquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I keep my Steyr M9 in my IWB holster that gets clipped in the stuff pocket of my GT Double. That keeps it pointed down and I can get to it with either hand. If someone can get close enough as to grab it without waking me up then I don't really have much of a chance to begin with.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Gout View Post
    Forgot about this one..Would be great off the rl with a prussic.... Mic holster..
    Link for that trigger holster please? Perfect solution to many safety issues both in the hammock and on the trail.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Glock tech industries...Mic holster ( minimum inside carry) 20 bucks..I love mine..
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    HH Explorer, Exped, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Edge,MacCat Mic
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Incubator
    Suspension
    Stock
    I'm surprised more hammocks do not have integrated storage, the peaks for example are just wasted space.
    Brandon should get a design award for his gear loft. I'd use that spot for some of my lighter handguns.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast