Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    I have a mod 4 and a mod 2. If you can spare the cash go with the mod for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sweet!!!

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20°
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    I just ordered #4 with double triples, double peak bags and a quad noseeum stitched organizer. I'm really excited to have these mods done. If I'd ordered less to be frugal, I'd always wonder if I shouldn't have....

Still undecided on which mod to get

Hey all, I'm still figuring out this whole hammocking thing - but I (and my back) are becoming converts. It's definitely more comfortable, but I'm trying to refine it to work for me.

I read this thread and a few others and I'm still up in the air on which mod to go with on my older Hennessy Hyperlight. I'd like to get the bottom entry sewn shut as I really don't care for it much and don't encounter all that much terrible weather where keeping the tarp down low is always needed - plus I carry poles and can guy it out. Is their a huge advantage between mod 3 and going to 4? It would seem that with mod 3 the netting could be rolled up on the permannently attached side to keep it out of the way if not using the net. I'd like to keep it simple and as light as possible as well.

Thanks!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe+2QZQ Mod #4
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/ 2QZQ OFS
    Insulation
    OWL 20* TQ/UQ's
    Suspension
    Whoopies+Biner
    I'd suggest calling 2QZQ and asking them that question directly.

I broke down and shipped my Explorer Deluxe out yesterday for a Mod #4. I liked the idea of 4 over 3 because it completely gets the net totally out of the way, and doesn't look like there would be any chance of it coming unrolled and falling on you in the middle of the night.

Plus...for a whopping $2 more you can get the double pulls on both sides, so you've got lots of options in dealing with the netting and getting in/out of the hammock.

I didn't ask them to sew the bottom entry up...I'd prefer having it still as an option, especially on buggy nights when I want to keep the skeeters from following me in, or when the storms come in and the tarp is pitched low and and tight. I'd hate to have to climb in the side entry while fighting with the tarp in the rain.

Seriously looking forward to getting my modded Explorer back and playing with it!

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    @4I's,

I don't think a #3 mod is recommended to give full tie over yo the opposite side. Mods #2 (my fav) and #4 will better suit your intent, #4 with just a tad more weigh and coinage. Both of these are available with multiple zip pulls on each side. HYOH!
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123