Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

ENO: ProFly or DryFly?

This is a little late, but I just ordered DoubleNest OneLink and have the DryFly coming with it. Does anyone have a recommendation on one or the other. I assume (and you know what that means) that they both work fine, or else they wouldn't sell them.

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    You will love the ENO hammock, as far as the Tarp, I've always made my own.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Given a choice between the two, I'd go with the profly, but personally I think it's still not the best coverage. A wider tarp, like those sold by any of the other hammock manufacturers here, will protect you better from the wind-blown rain typical of the deep south.

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks Guys, we do a lot of kayak camping and for a while I'll probably have my old one man tent stuffed inside as a backup. This will be my first hammock (which is why I chose a system) and from what I see, I'm gonna love the transition.

Hammock
    No-See-Um No More Hammock Bliss
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    $5 blue ccf pad
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I bought the dryfly. I wish I hadn't. It's really not enough coverage for what I want. Of those two I would go with the profly (I have a friend that has that one and it's better than the dryfly in terms of coverage)

However, my favorite that I now own is the warbonnet superfly. A guy from the forums makes them. you can find it here: http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/tarps.php
    ----
    “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit” -Edward Abbey

http://www.camptalk.net
    http://www.thelegacyranch.com
    http://www.johnbiddle.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    I'm trying to get into this game (read: noob!), and was considering ENO. I had the same dilemma, but in the end I thought the fast fly would be best, especially if you modded on some attachment points in the middle of two of the sides. It's over 11' square according to the specs, which makes it bigger than the HH hex fly. It's significantly bigger than the others from ENO as far as I can tell, and only needs the extra attachment points in order to be a really good looking, versatile fly.

In the end though, for me, I think I'm going with the HH Explorer Deluxe. I'm about 6'2" and I'm not sure about the fit of the ENO, but mainly, the holiday specaial at HH means I'll get another hammock for my son, for free!

Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks again, I was in a time crunch and had to make the decision then and there. I Guess I should have waited and checked with ya'll. I ain't stressin though, we have very hot and dry summers here. I can always get a larger one for the cooler months.

Bindibadgi- The guy that I'm ordering through let me take a SingleNest home to try and it was very comfortable. I'm 5'8" though, so I'd hate to say at your height.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge KAQ
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by bindibadgi View Post
    I'm trying to get into this game (read: noob!), and was considering ENO. I had the same dilemma, but in the end I thought the fast fly would be best, especially if you modded on some attachment points in the middle of two of the sides. It's over 11' square according to the specs, which makes it bigger than the HH hex fly. It's significantly bigger than the others from ENO as far as I can tell, and only needs the extra attachment points in order to be a really good looking, versatile fly.

In the end though, for me, I think I'm going with the HH Explorer Deluxe. I'm about 6'2" and I'm not sure about the fit of the ENO, but mainly, the holiday specaial at HH means I'll get another hammock for my son, for free!
    You can't beat a good deal, but for future reference, the DoubleNest would have been plenty big enough for you.

I am a noob to the hammock world. My family gave me a REI $150 gift card. I made a decision based on my review study and bought the eno doublenest. From the reviews i heard the deluxe double was a little to big for just one, but the double was better. I was wondering what is the best tarp. I have some more spending money but don't know what tarp or maybe a bug net would be better. What is your- all suggestions? I am 6' 2&1/2" and weight 210 lbs. Would of loved to get the jack bridge hammock but thought it would of been to small for me. Any help would be excepted

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    There are many, many tarp options out there - the best for you is going to depend on how you plan to use it. Do you plan to backpack where weight is a concern? Do more car camping? Care about privacy? Plan to hammock camp in cold weather? Plan to camp in heavy wind-blown rain?

Tarps vary widely based on both personal preference and intended use. For most weather conditions, a standard "hex" style tarp is ideal, and you then just start thinking about size vs weight tradeoffs. For really cold or brutal weather, a bigger tarp can give you a nice tight closed in tarp to block wind, or more room to have a few friends throw their lawn chairs under your tarp and be social while it rains.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast