Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Grillmastertoo View Post
    new guy here..ive been waiting for the new model to come out and now that it has, im excited and ready to buy one..my question is what else is on the horizon...did i see where a large tarp or newer tarp may be soon available? i dont want to fall into the category of buying something and then having a better model come out shortly later...
    im also new to hanging so this is an exciting ventuer for me...im 6'1, 235 lbs, side, stomach and back sleeper who usually carries too much gear when i camp...but going to start canoe camping and thought htis might help cut down on some gear space...
    any thoughts are welcome...
    thanks
    there are some very new thing's coming out in the very near future. I for one would go ahead and

order the new clark and get the xl even though some folks have said it does not leave much room. and if you find out there is not enough room I would order something bigger. If your are backpacking it will serve you just fine. If you are car camping or kayak camping then weight is not going to be an issue. I would say by then end of this summer you will see camo,and all the other clark products going to a larger size.

the new clark is 110 inch's by 50 some inch's and I love my new one not that I disliked the old one.

I have ordered a MacCat deluxe tarp to put with my other hammock so that friends will stay dry. right now I have a NEO 9X9 tarp and waiting for my MacCat tarp to be shipped. both of my clarks have the XL tarp one of them is longer than the other.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I just ordered a new nx 200 myself and plan to try it out on the RRG trip this weekend. I will have a lot of questions coming up about the Clark, especially using the pockets. I have a Speer Snugfit and wonder how it is going to do. For this weekend, what would you Clark people suggest I use for warmth? Should I utilize the pockets? What do you all do? Thanks, Steve
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Z-Liner
    Suspension
    SMC Ring + Rope
    Images
    I had limited luck with the pockets as insulation. They help but I didn't think it worked to well as a sole solution. So far I have really liked the Exped series mats for bottom insulation. My Thermarest did not work well at all, it was a huge pain in the a@# and CCF pads make me feel sticky and sweaty on my back. So far the Exped has been the only insulation option that has worked well for me. I have not yet tried under or over-quilts and I doubt that I will.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I just ordered a new nx 200 myself and plan to try it out on the RRG trip this weekend. I will have a lot of questions coming up about the Clark, especially using the pockets. I have a Speer Snugfit and wonder how it is going to do. For this weekend, what would you Clark people suggest I use for warmth? Should I utilize the pockets? What do you all do? Thanks, Steve

Mule for this trip I really dont think that your going to take enough stuff with you to fill all the pockets. I have heard mixed reviews on useing ziplock bags but at the wieght of those I would take them and try them the large frezzer bags would be my choice. This would be great time to give them a try and of cource try your clothing. I live down here and it's not suppose to be that cold the weekend your going. If it were me I would take a self inflatable pad and a 30 or 20 degree bag and use it like a quilt. But then again I am a hot sleeper. you could always through the bag off to one side if you get to warm.

the weather sheild will keep in allot of warmth as well it is almost crazy how much it will hold in. Hell just the bug net holds the heat in. I keep about a 1 to 2 inch gap at the top of mine with the weather shield and bugnet.

I will tell you that I used mine this past weekend it got down to lower 50's and i used a 50 somthing degree bag ( cheapy from walmart ) and slept in boxers all night with just the bug net zipped up and slept with one or both legs out of bag until I got cold then put them back under bag until I got hot again this was a all night thing and that was with a inflateable pad.

I am trying to go to that hang out mule but I wont know tell the very last minute.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Cool. I have been wanting to see a Clark hammock in person.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Over the weekend, it probably got down into the low 40s on the river.
    I had my 20 degree down bag, and my insulated inflatable pad.
    I put clothes and stuff in the pockets and just wore shorts and a t-shirt for sleeping. I mostly closed the weathershield both nights. And inside the bag I was actually a touch too warm.

I think the pockets DO make a difference in temperature when you just stuff your clothes and other junk in them. Anything to weight the pocket and pull it "open" Heck, I had my jetboil in one of the pockets. My empty stuff sacks in another. dirty clothes in one pocket, clean clothes in another. etc.

The only time I felt a cold spot was when I let my inflatable pad deflate a bit too much.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    Oh, I do find the NX's bottom fabric a bit too slippery.
    I'm going to drip some small spots of silicone to give some grip for my pad and sleeping bag.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAW View Post
    Oh, I do find the NX's bottom fabric a bit too slippery.
    I'm going to drip some small spots of silicone to give some grip for my pad and sleeping bag.
    Now that's interesting!

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    Cool. I have been wanting to see a Clark hammock in person.
    Headchange, I am glad you are looking forward to seeing one too. I may end up turning right back around and selling it, but there is such a buzz about this new one I had to see for myself. Please feel free to take a nap in it or whatever. I am a little torn to not bring one of my DIYs to this hangout, but they are not that big a deal anyway. I am also going to use the stock tarp this weekend to see how it does. I sort of dislike the looks of them, but we will see how they work. May end up cat cutting it. Mule

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    Mule for this trip I really dont think that your going to take enough stuff with you to fill all the pockets. I have heard mixed reviews on useing ziplock bags but at the wieght of those I would take them and try them the large frezzer bags would be my choice. This would be great time to give them a try and of cource try your clothing. I live down here and it's not suppose to be that cold the weekend your going. If it were me I would take a self inflatable pad and a 30 or 20 degree bag and use it like a quilt. But then again I am a hot sleeper. you could always through the bag off to one side if you get to warm.

the weather sheild will keep in allot of warmth as well it is almost crazy how much it will hold in. Hell just the bug net holds the heat in. I keep about a 1 to 2 inch gap at the top of mine with the weather shield and bugnet.

I will tell you that I used mine this past weekend it got down to lower 50's and i used a 50 somthing degree bag ( cheapy from walmart ) and slept in boxers all night with just the bug net zipped up and slept with one or both legs out of bag until I got cold then put them back under bag until I got hot again this was a all night thing and that was with a inflateable pad.

I am trying to go to that hang out mule but I wont know tell the very last minute.
    I really hope you can make it, heck, I am really hoping I can make it too... I think all is well. You have been really kind in all your Clark advice. Thanks. Steve

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast