Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    Headchange, I am glad you are looking forward to seeing one too. I may end up turning right back around and selling it, but there is such a buzz about this new one I had to see for myself. Please feel free to take a nap in it or whatever. I am a little torn to not bring one of my DIYs to this hangout, but they are not that big a deal anyway. I am also going to use the stock tarp this weekend to see how it does. I sort of dislike the looks of them, but we will see how they work. May end up cat cutting it. Mule
    I'll be using my DIY HH, probably still my favorite, but it's been a while since I have used it on an overnight.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    I'll be using my DIY HH, probably still my favorite, but it's been a while since I have used it on an overnight.
    I am planning on bringing a Snugfit for an UQ and a NS for an OQ. Probably overkill on both. Are you using your SF this trip?
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Yep. SnugFit on the bottom and my UL No Sniveller on the top.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I just ordered a new nx 200 myself and plan to try it out on the RRG trip this weekend. I will have a lot of questions coming up about the Clark, especially using the pockets. I have a Speer Snugfit and wonder how it is going to do. For this weekend, what would you Clark people suggest I use for warmth? Should I utilize the pockets? What do you all do? Thanks, Steve
    CLARK WAS RETURNED. I just sent the Clark back. It's a nice hammock, but the things I didn't like about the design caused me to stay with the Claytor. Thanks to all of you who gave me advice and who do love the ClarkS. I see some real nice strengths in the design too. Very nice hammock. Steve
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Still looking
    Tarp
    Need hammock first
    Insulation
    Self-Infla. pad

Thanks ......

Cavediver2

Thanks for the report on the "new" Clark X-200. I finally made my mind up on the "brand" today (Clark NA)

Now, with your report I'll go for the NEW model

Thanks, pal.

P.S - Seems we are both in the Nuclear Business (just started my 40-th year today)
    Last edited by Billyboy; 07-16-2008 at 18:51. Reason: spelling :-)
    Billyboy, Member "AT" Thru-hiker Class of 2013

Images
    Someone please let me know when Clark has a sale on the new XL NA.

I bought two Clarks last year and return one because it was too short for me. my son, who is only 5'11", kept the one I bouth for him. everytine we go out on the trail i get jealous when I see him exiting from either side, or pulling gear out of the pockets, or gaining 10 degrees of warmth with the storm shield.

Is not that my Claytor doesn't serve me well, it's just that I have the-hammock-hanging-on-the-next-set-of-trees-always-looks-better syndrom. If my Claytor wasn't so **** comfortable I'd have bought the new Clark even at its outrageous price. But I'll wait for the sale. Maybe.

I see that you use carbiners on your youtube video. Any quick way of telling me what type to get and any good posts on how they should be used? Thanks.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    I see that you use carbiners on your youtube video. Any quick way of telling me what type to get and any good posts on how they should be used? Thanks.
    Camp Nano 23 (as in 23 grams). Here's a vendor. There are others. Google is your friend.

This post has a picture of a biner in typical use. The idea is to be able to wrap the webbing around the tree without having to fuss with any other part of the suspension. Just clip it on.

Grizz

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    I decided to buy a Clark North American hammock however am not sure whether to buy the regular model or the NX-200 larger model.

I am 6'1" and 175 pounds and theoretically the regular North American hammock should fit me fine however I have never camped in a hammock before and want as flat a sleeping surface as possible. I also don't want either my head or feet to press against or be close to the ends or sides of the hammock.

Does anyone here own the NX-200 hammock and is 6"1" or taller? How much usable room do you have when in the hammock? Or if you have the regular North American hammock how much usable room do you have?

Regards,

Karl

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Images
    If you are choosing between the NA and the NX-200, buy the NX-200. The extra space should work well for you. The NA might seem a little cramped at your height.

If you want a flatter surface, the Warbonnet Blackbird lays a little flatter than the NA due to all the extra internal room and the ability to lay on the diagonal easily (yes, I finally got my blackbird!) Also, the JRB Bear Mountain Bridge is an excellent hammock as well, and lays very flat. I have been switching between my NA and my BMB, and now need to throw the Blackbird in to the mix.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast