Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images

CADPAT Help

I've decided on my ongoing DIY project for the next couple of months: an integrated hammock system, from hammock to tarp to insulation. However, I'm having some fabric woes.

I've found the VT Army-Navy CADPAT closeout nylon, and I've seen that several folks here have used it in various projects. However, I would like the system to match in fabric colors/patterns. While I really like the CADPAT print, I can't seem to find it in a waterproof fabric anywhere. Apparently, my Google-fu is weak. While I'm aware that I could go the DIY silnylon route, I'd rather keep this as a sewing project for the moment.

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells waterproof CADPAT fabric? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    DIY R2B3 (Black Bear Burrito) + HUG
    Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    I've decided on my ongoing DIY project for the next couple of months: an integrated hammock system, from hammock to tarp to insulation. However, I'm having some fabric woes.

I've found the VT Army-Navy CADPAT closeout nylon, and I've seen that several folks here have used it in various projects. However, I would like the system to match in fabric colors/patterns. While I really like the CADPAT print, I can't seem to find it in a waterproof fabric anywhere. Apparently, my Google-fu is weak. While I'm aware that I could go the DIY silnylon route, I'd rather keep this as a sewing project for the moment.

Does anyone know of a retailer that sells waterproof CADPAT fabric? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Ki...TDigital-Green
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Hammock
    DIY R2B3 (Black Bear Burrito) + HUG
    Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
    NP, I had been shopping around for materials for a GG G4 Pack kit, that stuff is almost tough as Cordura.
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
    NP, I had been shopping around for materials for a GG G4 Pack kit, that stuff is almost tough as Cordura.
    Yeah, 500D is a little heavier than I'd been looking for (my intention is to build a poncho-tarp that can do porch mode and be minimalist at the same time), but I think it might be perfect for when my pack's beta testing is done.

I appreciate it.

• + New Posts